• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Roush Bondurant CSVT

Shure it will, by 2107 a quarter million will be just about fair market value on a 100 year old car I suspect.

Although there will be no roads becouse cars will be Jetson style and we will all live in underground caves.

Muscle cars are in demand right now becouse rich retireing baby boomers wanted those muscle cars when they were growing up. But they could not afford those cars. Now they can and since there is a finite ammount of supply prices have sky rocketed.

I dont think this generaion is clamoring for SVT Contours. Maybe Cobras Lightenings and on occasion Focus.

But then again you really cant predict the future.

Shure it will, by 2107 a quarter million will be just about fair market value on a 100 year old car I suspect.

Although there will be no roads becouse cars will be Jetson style and we will all live in underground caves.
That's what I was waiting for :cool:

Muscle cars are in demand right now becouse rich retireing baby boomers wanted those muscle cars when they were growing up. But they could not afford those cars. Now they can and since there is a finite ammount of supply prices have sky rocketed.

I dont think this generaion is clamoring for SVT Contours. Maybe Cobras Lightenings and on occasion Focus.

But then again you really cant predict the future.

Agreed!

If you want a car that is only going to appreciate in value get a MK IV Supra. Those cars, in mint cond, are going to be worth HUGE bucks some day. I could easily see those selling for 100+ K in 10 years.

There are collector cars of all types, not just muscle cars, gah. The muscle car thing is a mainstream movement that is probably leading to a saturation point. A huge array of great muscle cars are pretty cheap already.

Real car collectors aren't guys trying to relive their youth, they collect compelling and interesting cars that make their collections more interesting.

And really, who said anything about $250k? No one is saying that the SVT Contour is going to be highly sought after or will attract mainstream demand. However a mint condition SVT Contour will probably get noticed and fetch a decent price in an auction in 20 years.

It's not a wise investment to make, but I'm sure some CEG members love their cars enough to keep them nice for twenty years or longer.

Maybe your Contour is just a turd to you, but some of us really like these cars for what we believe are legitimate reasons. Used to be a consensus around here. I'm sorry if your car isn't what you want it to be, but mine is.

Sure you could. continuing the discussion

yeah well if i were a gambling man i'd bet against it.

just look at cars like the SVO stang and stuff...ain't worth jack. do you ever think anyone will pay upwards of a hundred grand for one? lol no. Contours are a dime a dozen. the SVT, while a great car just never had the type of following like cars back in the 60's and 70's did. Period. 99% of people have no idea what the SVT Contour is. Any SVT owner will tell you that most people just ask why they got a body kit on their contour!

Take an old daytona or superbird for example....there was never a point in that cars life that it was worth roughly 1/10th of it's purchase price!

On top of all that, there really is nothing on the SVT contour you can't replicate and even trump with aftermarket parts. The SVT is a great car, i loved mine dearly and miss it even more but lets be realistic here. I'm not even saying nodoby will want to hold onto theirs for a while. But saying it'll be a valuable collectors item in the future is ridiculous. Who cares if jack roush threw a rollcage and fuel cell in an otherwise stock SVT Contour?? there are far more impressive rides here on the CEG...that you can actually drive on public roads i might add.The bondurant is just heavier than it needs to be now...i mean, following that argument all the crown vics they use and the sho in the picture should be worth a buttload too! hehe....stop it now.

Maybe your Contour is just a turd to you, but some of us really like these cars for what we believe are legitimate reasons. Used to be a consensus around here. I'm sorry if your car isn't what you want it to be, but mine is.

my car was everything i wanted it to be. the difference is i didn't make it out to be something it's not.

Last edited:
yeah well if i were a gambling man i'd bet against it.

"just look at cars like the SVO stang and stuff...ain't worth jack. do you ever think anyone will pay upwards of a hundred grand for one?"

Whoever said anything about 100k svt contours? No csvt owner thinks he can get that amt 4 his car in the distant future. Its just got the makings of a unique car that few just like us cegers might like to have say 100yrs down da road. I've seen novas, impalas, n tha likes go for less than 10k. U cant tell us theres no following for those?

My car is worth a 1/4 million dollars...

Seriously if you want to buy it for $249,999 I'm going to turn you down

but I guess I'd SETTLE for $250k

That's what its worth to me

Now I just destroyed your whole theory ;)

Its just got the makings of a unique car that few just like us cegers might like to have say 100yrs down da road. I've seen novas, impalas, n tha likes go for less than 10k. U cant tell us theres no following for those?

yeah and you forget the cost of a resto on one of those....a 10k nova needs work to keep it on the road, unless it's been kept in a garage and not driven, in which case it will cost alot more than 10k.

Back