• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My turbo 3L hybrid build

bumping up idle is not going to keep it from stalling you will stall until you re-route the bov unless it is tuned to run open air and if it is tuned to run open air I would dbl check the bov itself as well as a boost leak test

it will definately help. But if you are getting into boost and have to stop quickly it will tend to stall. I have just gotten use to blipping the throttle as I come to a stop to make sure it will return to idle.

Thats what I have been doing!. I really like how loud my BOV is and any mild evo, sti even a fully custom eclipse seems to be just a chew toy to me as soon as my boost kicks in! the only thing is I just cant seem to get it tuned right yet. I am too busy to keep sending NPG my data logs. Oh and today a slightly modded ,ram air trans am fire bird tried to get me on the highway and in 5th gear I played the clutch and hissed right passed him even though above 4k rpm I am pegged out with fuel and have no power! pushing 10 on my wide band after 4k even with throttle. But still took him. I like my build and am trying to source a 3.0 from some european company that claims 425 NA from their v6 duratecs! ............bigger, fast, stronger!

really thinking bout drag racing it on a money/amateur level here at our track in Denver. They have a street legal class that puts money up every once in a while.

really thinking bout drag racing it on a money/amateur level here at our track in Denver. They have a street legal class that puts money up every once in a while.

unless you are running 10s/11s (which the fastest Contour has never even broken 12s) I wouldnt bother.

Better hurry Mike!! If they take NPG's new Stage 3 to the track and get her hooked....its gonna be in the 12s first!! They can probably just granny it outta the hole and make that happen with 600hp! At least they outta be able to for the love of GOD!! I have a 79' Stang that went 10.90s with ALOT less hp!

It's just a thought you know. I have seen some European durarec engines that are built for pure race and as long as my tranny and my axles are solid then I think it can happen. I know lots have tried but for now its cheaper than building up another car.

No offense to anyone here...but yeah 10s and 11s could happen IF you SELL your CSVT and buy a Mustang! lol Face it I love my CSVT as much as you guys...but the only way we are going fast in these from a dead stop drag racing start is to do like pole120 (Josh) is doing and make these rear wheel drive! Or course he is doing a Mustang IRS rear suspension (not really meant for drag racing...yes they can...but they dont do it well)....so a solid 8.8 rearend and 4 link setup would have to be built...and somebody does need to do this!! lol

No offense to anyone here...but yeah 10s and 11s could happen IF you SELL your CSVT and buy something that is RWD/AWD! lol Face it I love my CSVT as much as you guys...but the only way we are going fast in these from a dead stop drag racing start is to do like pole120 (Josh) is doing and make these rear wheel drive! Or course he is doing a Mustang IRS rear suspension (not really meant for drag racing...yes they can...but they dont do it well)....so a solid 8.8 rearend and 4 link setup would have to be built...and somebody does need to do this!! lol

Fixed! doesnt have to be a Mustang.;) hell the 3000GT/Stealths run 12s with just BPU, add some larger turbos/injectors/tuning (and the other standard stuff) and they will run 10s/11s pretty easily.

Ok, fine. You guys ruined another persons lil dream. I will just tune this just right and do nothing else to it. Drive it till I kill another engine and then scrap it! Apparently these things are worth much more parted out. At that point I will build up a 98 mustang gt. I have one in the family so its paid for. " screw you guys, im going home"

Fixed! doesnt have to be a Mustang.;) hell the 3000GT/Stealths run 12s with just BPU, add some larger turbos/injectors/tuning (and the other standard stuff) and they will run 10s/11s pretty easily.

True...but I am sticking to the Ford family....my grandpa would dissown me if I bought a Chevy or import.

And sorry newguyhooah...just stating the truth. I will be curious when Mike gets his car done and NPG tests their Stage 3....but I am just expecting more weak links and headaches. We shall see......

I think I will maintain the vehicle as is. I have air suspension to put on and maybe I will do tranny and axles but that's it! I feel if I blow one more engine then I might get rid of it but I just don't want another car payment. I too am a diehard Ford guy but what 4door in the states competes with the G8? I might move into one of those in a few years. I looked into the FPV Falcon from the down under. Those need to be brought here!

Has anyone looked into how much to import and have it made to US DOT specs? I looked up the pricw for a used one just a few years old and the are pushing $50,000 used! But correct me if I am wrong, the BOSS 302, w/ rear wheel and four doors! Now thats a family car!

I think I will maintain the vehicle as is. I have air suspension to put on and maybe I will do tranny and axles but that's it! I feel if I blow one more engine then I might get rid of it but I just don't want another car payment. I too am a diehard Ford guy but what 4door in the states competes with the G8? I might move into one of those in a few years. I looked into the FPV Falcon from the down under. Those need to be brought here!

The Taurus SHO and Dodge Charger

The previous body style Charger's...the new style is UGLY!! And it has to be an SRT 8 or Daytona style. As for the new Taurus SHO....and the old ones for that matter....they got too much old person flair for me. But I would definately roll in a Charger SRT 8.....manual of course!

I like the new ones! The ones that was on Fast Five! And yes, has to be Hemi SRT. Apatently the best gas milage per horse power too right?

Hey, What aftermarket steering wheel has been used on our cars? I woulld like the kind with the flat bottom and a funtional center horn and thumb buttons.

Back