• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NECEG Anti-Valentine's Day Meet

You cats really know how to pick an establishment.

I was walking down Worthington Street years ago -- cost me ten dollars. I was meeting my ex-girlfriend, with whom I'd remained friends, for dinner, and she'd asked me to find a non-chain restaurant. Since I was going to get there slightly ahead of her, I set out to the task, and ended up on Worthington Street finding nothing of interest.

What I did find, however, was a woman who was hitting people up for money. She was on the opposite side of the street as I walked by, and she must have switched sides at some point, so I did the same on my way back so that we would, once again, be on opposite sides of the street. She must have doubled back when I wasn't looking, though, because I found myself confronted with her. She made a flagrant play for money, and asked right off for like fifteen or twenty bucks. I'd never heard of such a thing, and I may have flat told her, "I'm not giving you twenty bucks."

She started wailing about how she had no money and she didn't have anything for a cab and how was she going to get home? She wouldn't leave me alone. It got to the point that I ducked into a nearby restaurant (that, incidentally, I had no interest in eating at, despite my search) and had them break a twenty into two tens. I have her a ten and got the hell out of there.

I was so pleased to return to the comfort of my Taurus SHO. My ex and I ended up meeting on Riverdale Street at On the Border. A chain restaurant, after all that BS. Man, if she'd just been ok with that in the first place.

That broad was there every night. I haven't seen her in years though.

alright, now that we're back up, I want to be sure we're still on for this shindig.
Who is definitely in?

Mike and I should be there. I'd prefer to meet around 8 if that's cool with everyone else (due to our 2 hour drive).

on the fence about going but if anyone needs a place to stay over night they are welcome. just bring a sleeping bag, etc

or for that matter if anyone wants to car pool or come down earlier in the day they are welcome to meet at my place and hang out.

I think a girl I went to HS with managed to snag me a week before Valentine's day. We might be hanging out again this weekend.

Almost dodged a bullet. But I must admit I went in not seeing anything come of it and left feeling really good. I'm definitely not feeling anywhere near as depressed as I have been.

yeah if that's the case, I'm not really interested in making the 2 hour drive, no offense.
Although I would like to check out brapple's house at some point.
I'm going to have to talk to Mike since he doesn't read here during the day.

yeah..with jess being fat and all, a late night would be brutal on her.
so unfortunately we are going to have to back out.
:(

Back