• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New wax!!

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
It's both a new wax for me and a new(er) product on the market. My Pinnacle Signature Series has all but run out so it was time for a new wax. The signature series was good but you cannot buy the original anymore.

DSCF4774%20%28Medium%29.JPG

You can only buy Signature Series 2. So knowing I would have to get something different regardless I decided to try the P21S 100% carnauba.

DSCF4771%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF4775%28Medium%29.JPG

According to what I've read, the advantage of this over the standard P21S is a higher carnauba content. This, from what I have heard does not lead to higher gloss, but higher durability. And on a car that is my daily driver, durability is important.

Still looking for a sealant that doesn't require a long cure time...

LOL I got some of the same stuff a month or so ago. I also got some Poorboys silver car polish that just came out. We shall see how it goes....

Let us know how it works. I myself gave up on the idea of Carnuba being so great years ago when studies showed it didnt make a difference in protection or shine.

Meguiar's NXT 2.0 has received good reviews. I use #21 2.0 for my sealant (this is the professional version of NXT and can be applied w/ a rotary). Both make metallic flakes "pop" and both waxes feature hydrophobic polymer technology, which makes the water bead like crazy and also sheet the water off like nothing I have seen before (to the point where about 80-90% of the water is off of my car before I dry it!). I have had #21 last 6+ months on a vehicle which is parked outside and driven in the winter.

Meguiar's NXT 2.0 has received good reviews. I use #21 2.0 for my sealant (this is the professional version of NXT and can be applied w/ a rotary). Both make metallic flakes "pop" and both waxes feature hydrophobic polymer technology, which makes the water bead like crazy and also sheet the water off like nothing I have seen before (to the point where about 80-90% of the water is off of my car before I dry it!). I have had #21 last 6+ months on a vehicle which is parked outside and driven in the winter.

where do you get the #21 professional grade??

While I'm sure those are great products, those really into detailing stick by their Carnauba... These guys pay hundreds or thousands for their wax and its always Carnauba... Zymol, Swissvax etc. So if these guys stick by Carnauba, it's gotta be something right... So for shows and as my last step in my wax process, I always top it off with carnauba

While I'm sure those are great products, those really into detailing stick by their Carnauba... These guys pay hundreds or thousands for their wax and its always Carnauba... Zymol, Swissvax etc. So if these guys stick by Carnauba, it's gotta be something right... So for shows and as my last step in my wax process, I always top it off with carnauba

I think its mostly like people sticking with one brand of oil or one brand of car even when there are new better formulas they could switch to. They can make better things in a lab like they've done with the NXT waxes but some folks will always want the natural carnuba they're used to. I myself use NuFinish in the classy orange bottle after it won a wax/polish shootout and was by far the cheapest and easiest to get. Months later water still beads and runs off the cars I've done.

Carnubas are nice for looks (car shows) but typically don't last that long on daily drivers. Synthetic sealants were made for durability. #21 can be purchased from Meguiars.com, and some NAPAs carry the professional products and will order ones they don't have in store.

Carnubas are nice for looks (car shows) but typically don't last that long on daily drivers. Synthetic sealants were made for durability. #21 can be purchased from Meguiars.com, and some NAPAs carry the professional products and will order ones they don't have in store.

I layer the Carnauba on top of 2-3 layers of synthetic sealant for durability

thanks.

I myself prefer Zaino....but may try this. Carnuba just dont seem to last long enough for me.

(snip)

According to what I've read, the advantage of this over the standard P21S is a higher carnauba content. This, from what I have heard does not lead to higher gloss, but higher durability. And on a car that is my daily driver, durability is important.

Still looking for a sealant that doesn't require a long cure time...

Some waxes were discontinued in recent years because of new California EPA limits on VOCs.

Keep in mind that no wax is solid carnauba since solid carnauba is like a rock.

The wax in a car wax product may be a mix of different waxes to provide a different look, and of course they may have different levels of durability, and of course a pure carnauba wax would tend to have more durability.

FWIW, Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax contains 100% Brazilian #1 carnauba, though I do not know how it compares to P21S except that it's easier to find in the stores and it's a heck of a lot less expensive.

I have tried probably hundreds of different waxes over the years and have found CarBrite Butterwax to be the best I have found. In my experiences I have found none that make black or dark colors look better. This stuff comes off super easy with do dust and very good durability. As far as I know you can't buy it in stores you must go to the website and find a local supplier or hit up a body/detail shop I know several that swear by this and other carbrite products. On my exploder I put 2 maybe 3 coats of Finish 2001 on before winter and it lasts all season long and really helps with salt and snow removal.
http://www.carbrite.com/

Wasted monies......

Instead of picking up P21S (In which I am a big fan of), hit your local Harley Shop and pick up a can of S100 carnuba....same stuff, just cheaper.

Want durability and gloss.....Melt half a can of S100 (or P21S) with half a bottle of Gold Class....

Unfreakinbelievable....

Last edited:
Wasted monies......

Instead of picking up P21S (In which I am a big fan of), hit your local Harley Shop and pick up a can of S100 carnuba....same stuff, just cheaper.

Want durability and gloss.....Melt half a can of S100 (or P21S) with half a bottle of Gold Class....

Unfreakinbelievable....

S100 != P21S

P21S > S100

And why would you want to mix a great carnauba with a cleaner wax. Cleaner waxes aren't very effective alone. They're a good first step to layering other waxes on top.

And why would you want to mix a great carnauba with a cleaner wax. Cleaner waxes aren't very effective alone. They're a good first step to layering other waxes on top.

My guess is that he only wants to do one good wax job rather than spending all day coating wax when it will just need to be re-applied in a few months.

Actually there were a few of us Autopians doing it.....I was rather impressed with the outcome....Seemed a little more slick than P21S and way more durability.....

Don't you like to play?

Last edited:
Back