• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not bad, what do you think?

biminiLX

Hard-core CEG'er
Here's the final numbers for the Mustang at 16psi, 16deg timing and 110 race gas. The dyno is off from the actual car rpm, this was actually pulled to 6000rpm, so all rpm is about 500 less on the graph:

1242158383.jpg

Anyone want to race? :laugh:
-J

I'll race.

Ill take our 1100 HP dragster.:cool:

Really nice numbers. Does this car still see the street at all?

satisfied? I sure hope so, and I hope it scares the sh@t outta me so I don't get used to it too quick.

I'll race.

Ill take our 1100 HP dragster.:cool:

Really nice numbers. Does this car still see the street at all?
haha, I was thinking of you and your dad when I wrote that :laugh:
It went 11.20@132 with issues at 7psi/598rwhp so even with the extra power, you guys got it covered I'd say. We can trade for a pass :cool:

It does actually see the street when I'm back in Toledo. Did an 80 mi. round trip to see a friend and then drove it 30 miles to the track last summer, so it is street capable for sure. Not too comfortable as a DD though :cool:
I'm bringing it to PA this summer so I hope to cruise it a few times each month.
-J

Thanks guys.
Here's a few pics, engine bay has been cleaned up since these and I put on the wheel center caps that I had machined to accept '08 Mustang GT caps. Got nice lights to install and will lose the covers also.
I'll get updated pics and a dyno vid up when I pick the car up next weekend:
P1010013-2.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010023-1.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

Yes, FAST XFI management, now safe to run different boost levels and it will compensate based on A/F ratio. Turbo and motor can take more, but I'm not sure I can :)
-J

Last edited:
Nice! Very clean and tastefully done Fox...gotta love it. And a little bit of power to back it up, lol.

Do you run at PRP? I know a guy that goes up there from time to time with a Red SS that'd give you a run for your money.:crazy:

Thanks man.
Car is still in Ohio, plan on bringing it here in the next few months.
I do plan on running at PRP once the car is here, but I doubt there will be any killer ETs with the manual trans, this car needs a Powerglide for great track numbers.
Tell me more about this SS?
-J

Thanks man.
I do plan on running at PRP once the car is here, but I doubt there will be any killer ETs with the manual trans, this car needs a Powerglide for great track numbers.
-J

I much prefer an auto for the quarter mile...but I do think it is a lot of fun rowing through the gears.

The SS is a guy that runs around here every so often. 2000 SS. At the time it had a fully built LS2, F1A, intercooled, and methanol. Put down around 1017 on pump gas, fully streetable. There's a video on youtube of him running 9.7@151 on slicks and still spinning. He's since gone over to an LSX. Still not a Ford though, lol...:laugh:

Thanks man.
-J

real men race a stick. :D

I much prefer an auto for the quarter mile...but I do think it is a lot of fun rowing through the gears.

The SS is a guy that runs around here every so often. 2000 SS. At the time it had a fully built LS2, F1A, intercooled, and methanol. Put down around 1017 on pump gas, fully streetable. There's a video on youtube of him running 9.7@151 on slicks and still spinning. He's since gone over to an LSX. Still not a Ford though, lol...:laugh:
Not bad, kinda where I'd like to be. On the calculator at my race weight it says 9.13@152 ....sweet:help:

looks pretty sleeperish, but i bet it doesnt sound it, nice lx fox
Actually not very loud, the turbo (acts like a muffler) and relatively mild hydraulic roller cam makes it less rowdy than you'd expect.

real men race a stick. :D
I'm with you, but EVERYBODY that sees the power level says I need an auto. We will see, it was completely fine with the stick at 600rwhp/7psi.

-J

I think you'll still be able to click off a good time even with the stick. A good buddy of mine has a Notch with a Renegade 302 and an 80mm. I watched him last summer run a 10.75 in nasty summer heat at Mason Dixon, with a blower cam (old setup), 18 psi, and launching off the footbrake.

With that bigger engine and turbo you've got...you've got a lot of room to grow I bet, lol.

how much have u put into that car? i have plans to build an old 88/89 mustang and that right there pretty much seals it up.
Enough and a nice list of receipts I don't want to add up :help:
If you know what you're looking at its easy to get a ballpark. You can definitely do a turbo Foxbody the right way and spend a lot less, but it depends what you want. If you're serious PM me.

I suspect that you are leaving a bit on the table with only 16* advance and race gas, but how much more of a monster do you need.
You are correct. I told him I mix the 110 with 93/94 on the street and to tune for the lowest common denominator. I don't have a need to lean on it yet so I'll save the parts for now. I was trying to get the most reliable 4-digit power I could if its possible.

BTW, I'm thinking of showing my SVT at the NMRA Milan event while I race, but not sure yet.
-J

Looks pretty stock and slow to me :shrug: Should I be afraid of the little cowl hood and that big azz huffer in front of the motor :laugh:

Looks good J... some damn impressive power to say the least. If you got it to fit under a stock hood you'd have even more of a sleeper just like Novi357 on SVTP does :cool:

I'd be willing to race... you'll have to turn the boost down so I'll at least have a chance :crazy:

Shannon

Back