• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Northeast "Spotted" thread.

well I was spotted this time lol. I was in the SVT today, minding my own, come to a light, Isee a car pull to the side of me ok!! I here the guy say something (radio up) so i turn it down, and it turns out to be shaggy my fellow CEG neighbor, in a blue impreza (bug eyed style)!!!

And just 1 more thing I seen a 2003ish ford lighting at the 7/11 in lidnen also lol!!
I get so excited seeing SVTs in my area, I act like a child! I was heading to the in-laws and I thought I got you scared! :) Nice to meet, for like 2.3 seconds! 02 Impreza RS, nothing special - my DD. As for the L, I if was white, he lives in Linden. If it was blue, then he lives on the Roselle/Linden border. I see the car on Stiles all the time and drool.

lol u did scare me!!! I seen ur car on the side of me, I heard u say somrthing, but the radio was up so I could not hear u, thats why i had to turn it down. And I see both lightnings u speak of!!

I spotted a Mazda Speed wagon today in Wyomissing. Wonder who owns that? :shrug:
BTW, it was awfully dirty too. ;)

Didn't have time to say hi today, there was tons of traffic and I had to make it a real quick trip.

Saw a Black 98/99 SVT...turned too quickly to check out the ding guards. On Wood Ave, Linden around 9:30 tonight. Anyone here? Two spotting in a few weeks, I need to get my baby running!

Edit: NJ tags

Last edited:
Saw a Black 98/99 SVT...turned too quickly to check out the ding guards. On Wood Ave, Linden around 9:30 tonight. Anyone here? Two spotting in a few weeks, I need to get my baby running!

Edit: NJ tags

Did it have some like 17" aftermarket rims? if so I have seen that car before!!

Nope, exhaust was stock, and the wheels almost looked like E0s, but he was moving too quick for me to actually tell.

ok I think I done seen that 1 also lol!! I was in my SVT going down wood ave, coming from st george ave. and I see the front end of a contour, so i look closer and I see it's an SVT, now it was coming at me the car, so the next street I made a real fast u turn, and stated to follow the car lol. then decided to back off lol!!

Damn man! Stop stalking my neighborhood! ;)

oh yeah and there was always this guy with a black SVT tour that would come through my street!! and this was for some time also, long beofre I ever even though about bying a SVT contour, back when I was still 1st car my merkur XR4Ti, and even when I had my SVT he came through my steet every now and then, there was times I was outside he sees me and my SVT cause have the time I was cleaning it, so he blow the horn!! there was ties I wanted to run in the car and chase him down lol!!!

lol!!!! I spotted an SVT contour not to long ago!! I was driving down west grand street in elizabeth. it was the 1st car at the light. it was read by the way. so guess what i see like the 3rd car in coming the other way facing me!!!! A T-red SVT contour!! I seen the driver side of the fronty bumper sticking out!! so light turns green so i start looking in there lol!! to see a few spanish kids in there, could not see the color of the interior to guess the year. but the thing was crappy looking for sure, the headlights were hazed over and everything lol, but keep in mind I was driving my explorer the DD

I rarely ever see an CSVT on the roads! Today I was driving north, just after entering NJ (Trenton-ish) from PA (went to Sonic :drool:) and what do I see driving south bound? A black CSVT :shocked::drool:. This was 7/12 at a little before 7:30pm.

Spotted a Silver Frost SVT last night pulling into a gas station/ Subway in the West park/Poughkeepsie, Ny area at about 10:45. Anybody here?

T-red SVT with rear grill missing and E0 wheels...saw him today on 83 heading towards Harrisburg coming from the York area...

I found a 1999 T-red SVT with a tan interior for sale in Somerset, PA this evening. I think it had 123K on the clock and it was in rough shape, possibly wrecked by the previous owner. I snapped a few pics with my cell phone. The rear had some wires hanging, maybe previously home to neon lights and it looked like there used to be a GTR badge next to the SVT badge, red SVT decals over the reverse lights, and a carbon fiber "SVT Contour" overlay over the ford logo on the trunklid. The exhaust looked like a 2.5" from a quick glance under the car and it looked like 2 fart cans in the back. The grille was missing as were some of the jackpoint covers and the driver's side fender looked like it was scratched up under the paint near where the front of the fender meets the hood. It also had sidemarkers on the fenders and stock E1 wheels with red centers that said SVT in silver. Not sure how much they were asking as there wasn't a sticker and they were closed. I did get the VIN # though: 1FAFP68G1XK153694

photo0235x.jpg

photo0234rzp.jpg

photo0236g.jpg

Back