• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spring Zing 08 Thread

They have these things called hotels, that for money, allow you to sleep there at night. Leave the day before, hit a hotel (split 4 ways is almost nothing) and tada.. you're bright eyed and bushy tailed the next morning ready to go.

there really is no need to split 1 days worth (in my case) of driving into 2....let alone the added cost.

The drive for me is 19 hours either way.. I SHOULD be on the other end of this debate.. but I'm not.. yeah.. pretty crazy, :crazy:I know!

Steeda, I DO want to run at G-man!!!! I wanted to this year too, but I didn't feel like running my SE since the SVT didn't make it. The whole point of everything I'm bringing up is due to the fact I want to run. Am I looking to add cost to my trip? No thanks. If you see someone suddenly drive off the road on the drive home, you'll know it was me :crazy:

We are looking at a few other opinions as far as the road course. Can't promise anything. CEG as a whole doesn't like to commit to stuff. Doing waterford hills if we can even get on that day would require US(CEG those running) to rent it.

There is only 3 tracks in MI. Gingerman, Grattan(grand rapids) and Waterford hills. Noise concerns are a major factor at waterford hills.

If you see someone suddenly drive off the road on the drive home, you'll know it was me

So it's gonna be an annual tradition then? :shrug:
Didn't you run the SE into a cone or something this Spring Zing??? :laugh:

If you're too tired to run your SVT around G-man, throw me the keys.....I'd love a chance to urke the EVO sisters with my drivin' skillz :laugh:

OK. Gotta be nice to Kebbin if I'm hitching a ride from him next year.....:blackeye:

:laugh:

Last edited:
Yes Steve, I did take out a construction barrel, but only because some old lady in a buick decided not to move her arse over so I could merge onto the highway :nonono: I'll be driving on G-man, just have to make sure I sleep well the night before.

Before you guys continue to chastize me, please understand what it is that I am saying. This may also go for the NE guys as they will have to drive at the butt-crack of dawn to get there by 12:30 or whatever.
I left my apartment at 12:30am and we got in MI at 7pm. Going to bed at 4pm was difficult, I only got 2 hours of actual sleep.

Google Maps says your drive is only 7 hours long if you drive around the lake .. why are you taking the ferry at 2am?

10 minutes from my house in Northville-- Kind of sucks though because I won't 'have' to stay in the hotel haha

no dude thats a beauty of it!!!

dont book a hotel room, then when you party with all of us at night, get stupid drunk, nobody is going to let you drive home, just spend the night in someone's bathroom..... Like Pete for instance :D

no dude thats a beauty of it!!!

dont book a hotel room, then when you party with all of us at night, get stupid drunk, nobody is going to let you drive home, just spend the night in someone's bathroom..... Like Pete for instance :D

Very good point. I retract my previous statement :) haha

I think I'll just take my chances with the carferry. :cool: I hate driving alone thru Chicago construction :nonono:

In case you haven't noticed, you're never alone driving through Chicago construction. There are always a lot of other people there too....

I meant driving with other CEG'rs versus driving a Contour solo :crazy:
When I'm going to a CEG meet thats a long ways away, I like to caravan. The drive to and from IN for SZ06 was great:cool: In this case though, I'll take the carferry and hopefully catch a nap on the trip.

Back