• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

parting out csvt#1339....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT1339

CEG'er
Hey all, well csvt#1339 ended up being a rust bucket, I put both feet through the rear rocker. So parting it out I will do. But here is the deal, I wont part with anything till I get my other csvt on the road, with in a month only. And when I'm done and ready to part then anything left is up for grabs. If you come pull the parts they are yours,if I pull then a few bucks will do.
Here are Parts that will not be available:
Skirts,bumpers,driver's door window motor,one rear strut,not sure which side yet, and cluster.
All else should be up for grabs. Blackcoog is getting timing cover,valve covers and pass side to motor mount. Offered tranny to TRicker, maybe rebuild and sell or spare....

Oh, and if anyone needs any wiring under the hood please lmk right away,plan on pulling motor and trans next week and just going to cut and pull unless someone can use parts then I don't want to wreck them.

Take care all! Chris

Don't cut up the harness. If it isn't falling apart you can make a decent amount selling it. The wire coatings starts to fall off some of the early 98's so if yours is mostly in tact put it up forsale in the classifieds.

Hey all, well csvt#1339 ended up being a rust bucket, I put both feet through the rear rocker. So parting it out I will do. But here is the deal, I wont part with anything till I get my other csvt on the road, with in a month only. And when I'm done and ready to part then anything left is up for grabs. If you come pull the parts they are yours,if I pull then a few bucks will do.
Here are Parts that will not be available:
Skirts,bumpers,driver's door window motor,one rear strut,not sure which side yet, and cluster.
All else should be up for grabs. Blackcoog is getting timing cover,valve covers and pass side to motor mount. Offered tranny to TRicker, maybe rebuild and sell or spare....

Oh, and if anyone needs any wiring under the hood please lmk right away,plan on pulling motor and trans next week and just going to cut and pull unless someone can use parts then I don't want to wreck them.

Take care all! Chris

What color is the body and interior? I'm currently about to purchase a Blck on dark blue, and need both right side doors, and back seat bench and left back support. Beings that the weather is getting decent might be able to make a trip up there from south central NE. Thanks ahead of time Ken

i need a set of headlights, but i assume they are bad...... let me know. if you bring me headlights, i can get you a sweet deal on that torsen install :D

Please post pictures of the car. I'm curious as to what kind of shape the door skins are in as well as a few other odds and ends(which may require some sawzall action before you junk the shell). I got me some idears. :cool:

I would be interested in some interior parts as well. Also, is the UIM and intake tube spoken for? I am looking to do a total rebuild on my top end and would like to upgrade at the same time.

Oh, and i need a Grill bad, not sure when you can let it go, i just got some new headlights and they don't go on until a new grill is installed at same time

Okay ill try to answer everyone.....
TRicker. ..headlights are yours if you want them, ill bring em with on torsen install day
crazytalk...I believe all doors are good, car is n north branch so I can meet you sometime and you can look at it
Redline....I believe fenders and Hood are good so your if they are.
Myfastse....uim and intake are up for grabs,and possibly grill
Fat Guy....trunk and door panel are good and up for grabs.
Others.... has real nice interior I think,its midnight blue. I will check again when I meet crazy to look at the car. If he has a camera maybe I can get him to take pics since I can't load from my phone.
and I will NOT chop up the harness,so if it is good it will be available.
Oh and who asked about the grill,it is okay,the inside is painted silver though and have to put the chrome ring back on. Will ask crazy to take pic if need be.

Also, if anyone has any color but in very nice shape1998-00 mercury mystique Hood,trunk,headlights and or grill. I will gladly trade for parts and inturn will then also end up with another csvt Hood,trunk,headlights and grill for sale or trade.

Oh so TRicker. ..if I get the Mystique swap completed ill have 4 headlights for ya then.

Yes it may sound goofy but I want to make a MSVT just to be different. Bad idea?

So lets see...if everyone gets the parts they want.. it will have no Hood,grill,lights,trans, engine,harness,fenders,trunk,door skins,bumpers,skirts,and some interior and parts crazy cuts off. Hahaha
Ill be able to put the rest in the bed of a truck to haul away! Hahaha
ill probably save any glass no one wants just incase though. Anyone know a trick to get a windsheild out without cracking it?

Sweet, I'll have to stop by and check out the hood and fenders sometime. If they really are in good shape I will buy them off you.

Anyone know a trick to get a windsheild out without cracking it?

Nope I don't know how to do it, but it must be possible as they salvage glass from old/rare cars all the time. However when I've replaced my own windshield I can never get them out without screwing them all up :laugh:

What about the right doors I could use those, The CSVT I'm buying has creases in both right doors but for the price I cant really argue, so please let me know.

OK guys, selling stuff needs to be kept in the regional classified or the Forum classifieds.
I am going to lock this thread and ask that anymore parts for sale be put in the stickied classified thread and please keep all transactions through PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back