• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PCM Pinout

ScottyDsntKnow

Veteran CEG'er
Anyone have a pinout for the SVT computer. Like which wire/pin goes to what? All I have on the service manual is wire colors and whether it is constant or switched or ground. Ugh.

Any help is appreciated. Probably a shot in the dark but who knows.

Its a 2000 SVT, I'll have to go look at it for the PCM code... I do have the shop CD but all the pinout diagram in there shows is constant/switched/ground. Ugh, stupid Ford.

Yeah that is the one, I just checked it last night. So you got a pinout lol? I'm starting to lose hope... I'm still pissed that the factory CD is so crappy when it comes to telling you what is what with the computer system.

Well it IS easy to put in lol. I have the wiring for everything else but the dang fuel flow sender. The MPG feature is one of the main reasons I wanted it. Dom over at FCO got it working but he hasn't been on that forum in like a week. Hope he's ok... probably on vacation or something. Or snowed in lol.

Well it IS easy to put in lol. I have the wiring for everything else but the dang fuel flow sender. The MPG feature is one of the main reasons I wanted it. Dom over at FCO got it working but he hasn't been on that forum in like a week. Hope he's ok... probably on vacation or something. Or snowed in lol.

i asked months ago, and he just said "all you need to know is on the mirez website". dont expect much help from dom

Nooooooo you got me all excited.... I have that pinout on my factory CD, it does not tell me what sensors are what, just that pin x is a sensor, pin y is a ground etc...

Unless I can cross reference it somehow with the numbers provided? I'm looking for one that says like... "sensor signal for fuel flow" or "sensor signal for vss" etc...

Thanks for up loading though, that is easier to find than going through my factory cd...

wiring diagram will show you what pin each sensor goes to on the PCM, of course that means you have to actually spend the time going through the pages of wiring diagrams.

Oh god, wiring diagrams... the bane of my existance. Ok so the numbers on the PCM pinout are searchable in the service cd and then I can figure out what sensor goes where... Hmm... Anyone know if the fuel pump sender itself would send the fuel flow signal? I would certainly hope so. And that is like 4 wires to go through instead of like 48.

And yeah Dom has not got back to me yet, his "How-To" seems to have been pending for awhile now. When we start getting warmer weather I would really like to swap my dash and this is when I'd want to do the install.

Oh god, wiring diagrams... the bane of my existance. Ok so the numbers on the PCM pinout are searchable in the service cd and then I can figure out what sensor goes where... Hmm... Anyone know if the fuel pump sender itself would send the fuel flow signal? I would certainly hope so. And that is like 4 wires to go through instead of like 48.

And yeah Dom has not got back to me yet, his "How-To" seems to have been pending for awhile now. When we start getting warmer weather I would really like to swap my dash and this is when I'd want to do the install.

the "fuel flow" wire, if it exists, will most likely be an output from the ECU. There is one wire that comes from the sending unit and goes to the ECU, but i tried tapping into it and it didnt work.

Hmmm I didn't see anything on that diagram that could be it... again, not great at reading them. I've got all those diagrams on the service cd. I think I need to just sit down one night with a pad/paper and the cd and go through all the possibilities. Worst case scenario is I mark off all the sensor sender wires and bug into them one at a time lol. I don't think there are more than like 10 or 15 of those... I hope...

Maybe this one will help? You may have it already.

hmm that white wire from the PCM to the Instrument cluster is an interesting one. I never saw that diagram cause i was using a 98 so it didnt have the driver (returnless vs return)

Ok well it is beginning to not be cold as hell during the day, plus I have 20 days of vacation coming up either in March or April. So that is when I'm swapping my new dash in and I'll also run the wiring for this thing. I'll have to figure out where the VSS signal is going, probably one of the wires going into the tach... Everything else is just going to require alot of soldering and patience. I'll do a how-to when I figure it all out.

That white wire may very well be fuel flow. As I said I'm going to hash it out with the service manual and see... I know that Dom has one working but he's either dead or logged on under a different SN over at FCO so who knows at this point lol.

the "fuel flow" wire, if it exists, will most likely be an output from the ECU. There is one wire that comes from the sending unit and goes to the ECU, but i tried tapping into it and it didnt work.

The early ford ECUs have a pulse wire that tells the trip computer the fuel delivered. It is a separate output wire from the ECU/PCM to the trip computer.

Later PCMs used the MCN ( Multiplexed communication network ) serial bus to communicate fuel used to the message center.

Since your car didn't come with the message center you will probably haved the best luck connecting it to the MCN via the correct pins on the message center. On the PCM the MCN bus ( also labeled SCP bus at times ) connects to the ODBII port and most of the smart modules in the car.

On the EEC-V PCM it uses pins 15 and 16 and is a twisted pair.

Back