• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic Request: HDR photos

well i can do that too....

DSC_07413And4More_tonemappedcopyLar.jpg

DSC_07403_1_2_tonemappedcopyLarge.jpg

DSC_0739_5_6_7_8_tonemappedcopyLarg.jpg

not to pull this off topic...but is that your 3rd gen?

I just really miss the rwd, if only contour's came rwd. of course I guess I could buy a svt cobra, but there is just something that I love about the contours.

Im looking for some HDR photos put right next to non-hdr photos.

Couldnt have said it better. Im trying to explain how the whole process works to a guy at my work in the composing department (advertising). He needs me to get before and after pics. All I see in this thread is the after pics or it could be that I cant tell the difference in some pics.

I don't care for HDR photos. They looked neat in the beginning, but they're starting to look cheesy as HDR has become more common. Kind of like popular photoshop filters and fractals.

HDR has to be done right or it looks pretty bad. When I started taking HDR photos I was jacking all the settings wayyy too high. A few of them turned out good, but more or less you need to know how to shoot the scene properly. You want some white wash and some very dark shadows, but not so much where once you build your HDR photo it causes photo grain due to the extreme differences.

I haven't done any in a while and am pretty curious how a white car would turn out. I'll have to take some photos now. :crazy:

I just want to show this composer what the differences are. We have a professional photographer in the office everyday that sometimes needs something to do, so Ill send them out and take a few pics of my car and I want to see how good they are with photos and HDR. But I need to show the difference in a good HDR before/after.

suggestions for best starter HDR program?

im sure experience plays a huge part, id like to get started messing around with some but dont wanna deal with an impossible learning curve, and/or blow money on a program not worth the cd its burned on...

Hes been using PS forever. He builds ads with PS, so his skills are endless with that so I figured he could just use the quick learner card and use give it a whirl. I was curious to see if he could come through for me. Hopefully he can do some quality work with HDR, since his PS skills are flawless.

M!key/5-0

When your shooting HDR are you doing 1 Raw shot or bracketed non-raw, or bracketed RAW?

I'm pretty sure they are tone-mapping, look it up.

Korfu, you can do bracketed shots or do a psuedo-HDR as in one RAW picture and vary the exposure.

Personally, I liked it at the very beginning, now it's getting a bit "cheasy" as was just mentioned.

HDR done with jpgs...
picture.JPG

HDR done with RAW...
picture.JPG

look at the paint on the car in both. HDR jpgs have a grainy texture.

suggestions for best starter HDR program?
Photomatix demo will let you generate and tonemap the HDR, you'll have waterstamps on the finished image until you purchase or obtain a licensed copy but it's a start :) This is what I've found most people use. You can also do it in PS but Photomatix seems to work better.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

I can get one of the originals for this one later if I remember....

hdr.jpg

This was bracketed (-2,0,2) and shot in RAW

Back