• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Please double check my 3.0 plans

I'm guessing about 200whp and mid to low 14s in the quarter. Sound reasonable?

That sounds reasonable. :cool: You are just now adding the headers and quaife? You will fall in love all over again.

The thing I most enjoy with my car after it's transformation is going into those entrance ramps at 50- 60mph around a light curve and nailing it in third. 3L+ATB feels like it's pulling you into the corner :eek:

Nope, not back yet. Effing three and a half months, and I don't have it back. When I called yesterday they were getting the flywheel resurfaced and getting the EGR tube connected. It should be done next week, except I left for an internship 4 hours away, so I might have to wait even longer to get it.

Definitely. The place I just moved into has a huge garage and I just got a pile of tools and stuff for Christmas. If only I had spun a bearing yesterday, I could have done it all myself.

The engine came with a 6 month warranty (which is about half gone by now) and I don't know what kind of guarantee the mechanic is going to give me, but if it does break down, there's no ****ing way I'm towing the car 4 hours back to him so he can take 3 months to fix it again. I finally got a garage, some tools, and I'm within three blocks of 3 or 4 auto parts stores. I'll be fine.

i would be more worried about the money i spent for the mechanic to do the wrong job. thats why i asked about his guarantee or anything. hope u get it back soon. i know how it feels to go without the svt but i only have a 2.5 i can only imagine how bad you wanna drive it knowing youll have more power.

Back