• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pre98 dash in a post98

I searched the old forums and found some talk of doing one and some talk of one that had been done, but no pics...

Hmm after reading through this thread more carefully, would it be possible to use the pre98 Mystique dash and then the Cougar console? I know the Cougar console falls short on the Contour, but the Mystique dash seems to come lower with the extra din.

EDIT: Looks like the console is too tall to fit, but looks can be deceiving...

cougardash.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm after reading through this thread more carefully, would it be possible to use the pre98 Mystique dash and then the Cougar console? I know the Cougar console falls short on the Contour, but the Mystique dash seems to come lower with the extra din.

:help:

if your going to use a pre98 mystique dash get the pre98 mystique center console, they fit together with no issues :laugh:

DSC02789.JPG

Yeah but I guess people want the Cougar console? I don't know I'm just doing a bit of pic researching lol because I'm bored :laugh:

cougar dash was done years ago on ceg.

And I have searched and searched the old forums but still have yet to find pictures or anything that supports that it was ever pulled off... Not saying that it wasn't done, I am just saying that I have yet to find evidence proving otherwise.

did you search the archives:confused:

Dude...I seriously spent 3 hours searching on the old site trying to find it...

I found one thread that hinted that someone was working on it, but it just sorta died with no pics or progress or anything. If you know where it is, by all means shed some light dude.

I think that it would be really cool to have a cougar dash. It looks a lot better IMO but it would be quite the mod to pull off... Based on what people have said that the dash is narrower, you'd need to fiberglass the edges to the door panels and then you would have to figure out how to get the speedo cluster to work. I would like to say that I will be one to do it, but I don't have the time/skill/resources right now. When I get out of college, pending I still have this car, I would like to try it.

Does anyone happen to know if the pre 98 Mystique dash had wood trims, like the 98+'s?

Thanks,
AF

PS: The vapor coating on the HVAC duct doors has been coming off in my wife's 95. I have decided to fix that for her. Well as we all know to do that, one has to remove the dash...... so...... I have also decided to install a Mystique dash when I put it back together. I've been collecting parts and I think I have all of them now dash console trims switches and HVAC housing...... won't be fun, but the end result ought to be nice. I will do a post with pics when I'm done. Right now I'm in the clean up everything and plan an attack mode. I bet with all the additional tinkering I'll do along the way (that is most likely totally unnecessary) it's going to take me at least two days on the install. The real question will be do you think she'll notice this one.... LOL :laugh:

Back