• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Rotors

Yes, I did the full front and rear conversion. I did the fronts several weeks ago as part of the Beta test. The rears were completed about a week ago.

The difference is more that noticable. My subjective opinion is that the front kit improved front braking about 15% to 20%. Completing the rears has helped some more, but mostly they seem even more "stable" or predictable.

The Fronts use Focus SVT rotors with the stock Contour SVT calipers (either E0 or the later ones).

The new rears are the old front rotors with the stock rear calipers.

Not only does it stop great, it also looks great.

It was well worth it.

Were you beta testing for a shop that will eventually sell these as a kit? I know the FSVT brake info has been discussed ad nauseum around here, but it would be nice to get all necessary parts in one shot.

It is the Warmonger kit. He had a group buy of about 30 kits. It is done and he may not do it again. You can find threads about it in the group buy forum and the brake forum.

It is fine without the larger rear rotors, but certainly better with them. The car didn't loose any poise with the larger front rotors, but gained some with both.

I certainly recommend the larger rear rotors.

Back