• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Recent Pics Of My Rides (Pics taken by my Son)

what's that thing hanging off the steering wheel of the neon?

It's a Greddy remote wireless switch. I am using it to stage up my electronic boost controller. I am using 3 steps, low, medium and high, wireless remote (with relay) allows me to do that. I use the brake pedal to reset back down. I also wired it such that if I hold the Greddy button down, the brake cannot step down the boost stages.

You are right Wesley. I know I have a higher than average price in mind but at the same time, I am not desperate to sell. So, if anyone came up to me with a nice fat certified cheque (or cash), I would not hesitate to sell either car.

Guh I could have had that SVT by now :(.

Aaron

It's a Greddy remote wireless switch. I am using it to stage up my electronic boost controller. I am using 3 steps, low, medium and high, wireless remote (with relay) allows me to do that. I use the brake pedal to reset back down. I also wired it such that if I hold the Greddy button down, the brake cannot step down the boost stages.

that sounds pretty cool....but doesn't it get in the way??

that sounds pretty cool....but doesn't it get in the way??

So far, it hasn't been a problem. I set it so that my thumb extends right to the button when I hold the wheel at around 9 o'clock. It doesn't impede the sight of the gauges, nor while I am turning the wheel. I mean, it's there for straight line drag racing. If I was to do any road course racing, I would change the eboost2 back in internal set points, which uses the up and down arrows, remove the wireless switch. Figure, if road course racing, I would probably not need to change the boost levels that often. Set it to the max. :laugh:

Between you and Wes, either one of you could have definitely bought my SVT. Aaron, your 3l SVT is probably faster than my 2.5l. :eek:

LOL I wish, I will say this though this 3L moves and being able to spin the 19s throw the 1st 3 gears with not much effort is fun :). Can't wait until I put the FI back in ;).

Aaron

LOL I wish, I will say this though this 3L moves and being able to spin the 19s throw the 1st 3 gears with not much effort is fun :). Can't wait until I put the FI back in ;).

Aaron

You definitely have me on the low end torque. Gees, even my heavier GTP would leave the SVT off the line. :shocked: SVT would have a hard time catching the GTP through the 1/4 mile, but after that it's a different story. (and especially cornering and braking). :laugh:

Back