• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Recommended Street Performance upgrades

Tired of rolling all around the road and clunks when turning....upgrading my entire suspension (if possible). I'm looking for a fairly stiff ride but not a eibach/bilstein spine cracking ride. Oh and optimal steering feedback...

So far I have I've got B&G springs and Koni Sports, 21mm rear sway bar, and alum subframe bushings.

Wondering if I should get the new rear cross member or toe arms. If anyone can give feedback, I'd appreciate it.

Tired of rolling all around the road and clunks when turning....upgrading my entire suspension (if possible). I'm looking for a fairly stiff ride but not a eibach/bilstein spine cracking ride. Oh and optimal steering feedback...

So far I have I've got B&G springs and Koni Sports, 21mm rear sway bar, and alum subframe bushings.

Wondering if I should get the new rear cross member or toe arms. If anyone can give feedback, I'd appreciate it.

That depends on the current condition of the rear cross member. If you have rust, then yes, as rust can prevent/hinder the modification to the rear sway bar attaching brackets, which is what you want to perform. Also don't ignore your front and rear link rods as well as going poly on the front and rear sway bar mounts, rear trailing arms and rear end links. There are a number of other things you can do, but the aforementioned, along with you parts you already have and possibly new tires (performance) will go a long way to improving ride and handling.

Thanx, I took a look at the bushings on my LCAs and their toast too. Gonna need adjustable CC plates too. Anybody know if the BAT sway bar comes with poly bushings?

Oh and what's a "link rod"?

Back