• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

Are you worried about any type of structural problems with the rear of the sub frame cut off ? I know both rear bolts are right there but surely it weakened it some removing it.

Are you worried about any time of structural problems with the rear of the sub frame cut off ? I know both rear bolts are right there but surely it weakened it some removing it.

You'll see how we're handling that soon enough. For the record, the SF pictures on the first post is not the SF we will be using.

Just finished the bellhousing adapter.

MTX-75xT-5ADAPTER.jpg

Are those mustang knuckles for the front or rear? I have a set of brand new 05 dual piston calipers and rotors, as well as used rear calipers. If you could use any of it I'll give it to you for a steal. Figured it might be good just to get it all going then you could upgrade them later on. Let me know.

Are those mustang knuckles for the front or rear? I have a set of brand new 05 dual piston calipers and rotors, as well as used rear calipers. If you could use any of it I'll give it to you for a steal. Figured it might be good just to get it all going then you could upgrade them later on. Let me know.

The knuckles are for the front. We will be using Cobra front Calipers and the entire Cobra rear end with brakes, but thank you for the offer.

any new updates?

I will be traveling for work this week, but will try and get some things posted up. I know I had a few updates on the PRT FB page, but this project has since been moved to item 2 on the list while we revamp the track car for the 2012 season.

I always forget to check the PRT FB page, I'll have to take a look again. I can't wait to see this when its finished and what is being done to the track car this year.

Based on all of your experiences with empty contour engine bays. And from what I see.

Could a stang 4.6 sohc or dohc engine fit? Obviously a hefty trans tunnel would be needed.

But bottom line could it fit?

Seems the contour eng bay is quite wide thanks to dohc v6 fwd layout so seems a dohc 4.6l wouldnt be much wider.

Based on all of your experiences with empty contour engine bays. And from what I see.

Could a stang 4.6 sohc or dohc engine fit? Obviously a hefty trans tunnel would be needed.

But bottom line could it fit?

Seems the contour eng bay is quite wide thanks to dohc v6 fwd layout so seems a dohc 4.6l wouldnt be much wider.

The problem wouldn't be the bay's width, it would be it's length. I'm most likely going to be removing the power brakes to fit even the v6 in the way I want to.

The problem wouldn't be the bay's width, it would be it's length. I'm most likely going to be removing the power brakes to fit even the v6 in the way I want to.

That's funny you say that cuz I just checked under the hood and will have to relocate the booster. It's massive lol

I've driven a cars with an unpowered wilwood master cylinder setup. I liked it a lot, way more like a race car, IMHO.
that's what I was thinking also, worse case would be a manual set up

Yeah and i'm almost certain, wiling to bet a paycheck even, that I couldn't drop in a 4.6 engine and trans.

That will be fun. Everyone loves separating blocks/trans while it's in the bay. :(

Back