• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

so ....

BrApple

No Life But CEG
so what is everyone up to these days?

I already have just over 800 miles on the Focus in a week and 2 days.

Had an open house yesterday and had alot of interest. Lots of showing but no offer as of yet.

Started looking for the next house, well at least looking at open houses to see what we want to hav ein the next place.

Still getting settled at the new job, its been pretty interesting.

I walked by your desk a little while ago. Have you seen that green Mystique in the parking garage? It appears to have a pretty awful body kit on it..

No i haven't seen a greet mystique with a body kit. where does it normally park? I just park down on the 1st level in the parking garage.

Yeah, I've seen it on the first floor a few times, and we've followed it out at 4 once or twice.
We usually park on tthe first floor, right near the entrace so you probably see my Focus, or my cousin's silver one. That Mystique has an exhaust too.

Also, New London is hardly the gold coast.

nah...mostly software design, hardware spec'ing, and some autocad electrical. I think Sikorsky is my best bet. Wanna get rid of those EAPs? What do you two do there?

We usually park on tthe first floor, right near the entrace so you probably see my Focus, or my cousin's silver one. That Mystique has an exhaust too.

are you sure your not thinking of 2000myst? his car is blue with a molded body kit and an exhaust.

do you mean the second floor, ie from the main gate? I have seen the silver one right there a number of time.

Last edited:
I'm a design apprentice here. Autocad is really all the experience you need to get in the door. They'll train you for what they need. Are you talking about the EAPs that I bought from you a year or so ago? I'm pretty sure I bought them from you.

The car I'm talking about is not t-green, it's the blueish green so it could very well be him.
I guess I did mean the second floor of the garage. I always forget there's another floor below. If you're coming into the garage from the rotary (not near Stash's) we always park in one of the first spots on the right. There's another silver one you might see around with a Roush front bumper. That's my buddy Dean's car.
Look for my red SVT, my cousin's silver one (lowered), my dad's maroon Subaru wagon, or my aunt's 2010 blue SHO in those spots near the entrance.

Meh, still working at the same job.....6 years now.

Still working on the same girlfriend....7 years now.

I'm trying to get the BMW ready for sale in the spring but it's down right now for repairs and tucked away in the garage. It's sucking oil into the intake and spitting it through the exhaust. :mad: I should have it fixed this weekend unless I run into some other issues. (knocks on wood)

So far I think I'm going to repair the Cougar and drive that for the summer and sell for fall. An SUV is replacing the BMW and Cougar and sticking with that for at least 3-4 years.

haha, yeah the ones I sold you. It's tough finding a clean set.

Thats cool. Right now I design/set up software/electrical for dynos for airplane/helicopter engines but I can't figure out what similar work is out there along the coast, besides Sikorsky.

What's 95 like east of 91 in the morning?

What's 95 like east of 91 in the morning?

well east of New London its not bad at all. I have a feeling people are heading west into New London/Groton/New Haven/NYC in the morning. So East of 91 in the morning could be a mix.

Chris, might look into a related field, or just jump into something else. I drastically changed what I was doing when I took the position down here.

I missed something. When did you get this?

Yeah, I think CEG went down around the time I bought it. It just needs a cleaning but I couldn't pass it up at the price I grabbed it for. The XR in that color has always been my favorite Cougar. I've only seen maybe two on the road before.

Unfortunately the previous owner kept the wheels but it's sitting on E1's right now.

Did anyone else enjoy the nice weather last night? I finally got the Focus washed last night. Also got 385 miles on the last tank of gas, which was either 36 or 38 mpg. And I still had 30 miles to empty.

I enjoyed when I was driving around last night and heard metal on metal screeching while braking. It is my hypothesis that the bendix titanium driver side inner pad separated from the backing and just fell out or something because all other pads had plenty of material left. Anyway, nice weather to do front pads at 9pm :)

FYI Advance Auto in New Britain on Main st will try and sell you E0 style pads for seemingly all V6 Contours. Had to ask him to pull up a 2000 V6 Cougar to get the 95-97,98.5-2000 front pads.

The weather was awesome. I rushed home and grabbed my parts from the mail and finally fixed the BMW. I'm debating on whether or not to hand wash the car today or wait until the weekend and keep it so fresh and so clean clean.

Well I just moved back to Newington. Got a job in Rocky Hill so the new place is halfway between my job and my girlfriends in West Hartford. Only thing that sucks is parking. We have two parking spots in our lot which is wayyyyyy too few. Three would be ideal but four would be awesome!! I'm slowly re-accumulating parts for the contour. I drove it last week as I'm parking it at a friends house for a while until I find a garage or good storage place. I have H&R springs, a pre98 wing, wheels, tires, acid-honed UIM and a few other things just sitting in our basement. I can't wait to get it back on the road permanently. I've even considered selling the Volvo and driving the contour exclusively, but I doubt that would fly once the suspension is in.

Anyone have any leads on a good/cheap-ish garage/car storage place not to far away from the Hartford area? :eek:

Back