• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spark Plug Fun

acontour

CEG'er
Hello hello

I currently run the Bosh Platinum 4+ ,have run them for a while , and the engine seems to run great. Also when I removed them , they looked normal..however there is some controversy that they are not good and could damage the engine..(decreased spark..) Based on NKG's website the following spark plugs work with the 97 Contour.

I'm thinking about the Iridium IX ones.. Any experience with them? Any others recommended? Is this the correct gap for a pre98 Contour .052" to .056"? :shrug:
Spark Plug / Part No. / Stock No./ Plug Gap
G-Power LTR5GP 5019 .050
Laser Platinum PTR5A-13 * 2467 .050
Iridium IX LTR5IX-11 4344 .050

Thanks

I think the Iridium ones are what I put in my Zetec (name sounds awfully familiar) and they run just fine.

I always used autolite double plats (app5364) in my pre98 until i went turbo. with the turbo i went with motorcraft copper cores (SP463). plug gap should be .048" - .052"

I always used autolite double plats (app5364) in my pre98 until i went turbo. with the turbo i went with motorcraft copper cores (SP463). plug gap should be .048" - .052"
This is exactly what I did. Until I thought I was blowing out spark and gapped the coppers at .045

Back