• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Certificate of Authenticity

Sentimentality. I kept the owner's manual from my first Contour, and a set of the keys (I had three keys to begin with and the original remote was no longer in use since I had an alarm installed). In fact they happen to be sitting on the table next to me right now. It depends on the person.
NO wonder we have to buy everything all over again if we buy a used car! I had to buy an owner's manual on ebay, wheels on ebay, floor mats, etc. probably just because someone was sentimental. They should have just kept the car in that case and save us the trouble. :rolleyes:
Karl

NO wonder we have to buy everything all over again if we buy a used car! I had to buy an owner's manual on ebay, wheels on ebay, floor mats, etc. probably just because someone was sentimental. They should have just kept the car in that case and save us the trouble. :rolleyes:
Karl
I almost did. No room, parents wouldn't keep it on the property and I couldn't afford to rent space anywhere.

As for wheels, those are worth money so they were probably sold. Floormats, lots of dealers get rid of them because the carpet underneath is in better condition and will probalby allow the car to be sold better. My first Contour came with no floormats at the Ford dealer despite having only 24K miles.

So, they come with a certificate when you buy them new from a dealer?

No, they didn't. They were supposed to be sent automatically. A year after purchasing mine new I had to call to get them to send mine. Some owners may have received them automatically, but they didn't come with the car. They were mailed after the sale.

I broke open the bank and ordered mine today, they said it will take two weeks. And like my College Degree it will come in the mail :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, they didn't. They were supposed to be sent automatically. A year after purchasing mine new I had to call to get them to send mine. Some owners may have received them automatically, but they didn't come with the car. They were mailed after the sale.

i got mine at the dealer at time of purchase:shrug:

I broke open the bank and ordered mine today, they said it will take two weeks. And like my College Degree it will come in the mail :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I ordered one for the new SVT last Friday, I was told that it would arrive on 7 Nov. It came today via DHL. So, you may have yours sooner than you think.

Back