• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I just purchased a M90 supercharger and I have a 3.0 oval port sitting on the engine stand. The M90 should be arriving at my doorstep monday.

eaton_m90.gif

Now Todd you didn't think I bought this M90 without doing my homework DID you ? I recall some people stating a FMIC is not possible without hacking your car. I done my notes and did some checks it will work. I love challenges just stay tuned for pics in two weeks. Joey

Ooooo me like, so is this going to be for oval port 3L's only or will it be compatible with all 2.5L and 3L split ports as well.

Yeah don't tease. What are your plans? Accessory driven? Where do you plan on running the intake? Aftercooler? I didn't know there was that kind of room under our contour hoods lol

I just purchased a M90 supercharger and I have a 3.0 oval port sitting on the engine stand. The M90 should be arriving at my doorstep monday.

eaton_m90.gif

If I'm not mistaken, the "Eliminator Cougar" built by Ford, used a 3L engine and an M90 Eaton S/C... SCC wrote an article about the car back in 2000 (or 2001). Either case, not a single piece of tin needed to be snipped.

Last edited:
ok guys the deck height to the hood is less then 10 inches. The SC is 5.5" tall the rest of the 4 inches will be my lower two plates where they will split into to 2" thick aluminum plates that are milled out to make runners once they are meshed together with a gasket. The injectors will be top monuted near the valve covers with a custom fuel rail and lines. The TB will have the IAC and EGR inlets this plate behind the TB will be a large spacer. The pully system will come out by the motor mount. I will try to retain the mount but if I have to a manhined mount will be easy at this point. The most difficult part of the project will be the pulley size due to the fact we spin the motor up higher than most cars. The SC can produce 45#/min of air at 10000 rpms on the SC so I want the boost to be in the range of 4-5 psi for the first prototype. I will increase the boost as the motor lets me without a aftercooler. The setup does not make as much heat as most think. The SC will be very efficent for our engine and will create little heat. I will be working on making the mounting plate adaptable for a water cooled fins for higher boost levels if the setup needs it. I already contacted our fabricator and the R&D will start ASAP. The setup will work on both engine just the lower plate will be different.

If I'm not mistaken, the "Eliminator Cougar" built by Ford, used a 3L engine and an M90 Eaton S/C... SCC wrote an article about the car back in 2000 (or 2001). Either case, not a single piece of tin needed to be snipped.

I remember the article being a remote setup which will not be the same setup as I plan on doing. I am targeting this market for all 3.0 duratec 6 different cars. :)

If you guys recall it had a Paxton. The Kenny Brown kit is the only one that has been released for the Escape.

Cougar_engine_small.JPG

Wow... that unit is much cheaper than a turbo. Do you have any guestimated price for the kit... or what your pricing goal is?

Wow... that unit is much cheaper than a turbo. Do you have any guestimated price for the kit... or what your pricing goal is?

Right now it is not even close to prices because I have to modify all the top of the engine to make it work. The unit are fairly inexpensive but the expense will be how much R&D is needed and how much our machine shop charges us to make the product. I hoping it will be 25 % cheaper than the turbo kit at least. But no promies so far.

Back