• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tuning

GreaseyMonkey

CEG'er
ok who knows where i can get a good tune in SEMI?
i had pm'd warmonger as i recall him being the go-to guy for this stuff, but he hasn't done anything on here in like a year and a half...
i have an xcal2 to work with, so just purchasing a tune file would work.

*edit: i just searched SCT's website and blasted about 10 motorsport shops in the area to see what they have to offer, but if anyone KNOWS of a good one, please let me know.

Brenspeed if you want a mail order tune (or will drive for a Dyno). My brenspeed tune is great, 3L runs very strong.

Brenspeeds not the way to go I talked to them for 30 mins about the tune and found out it was just a 2.5 tune.....

I still have no idea who you talked to but have talked to them multiple times before and after getting my tune (going to be adding some stuff) and they know exactly what it is and what they are doing. My car is also FAR from the first 3L swap they have tuned both on and outside these forums. Maybe you misunderstood them as any 3L swap in a Contour is going to start as a 2.5L tune (the file they get from SCT when they buy the license for the car/platform) and will be calibrated from there. You could drop a 3.7L out of a new mustang into a Contour (well if it fit...) and tune it to run properly on the "2.5 file" with a big enough MAF and Injectors.

They specifically tuned my car for :

Port Matched 3L Swap
MSDS Headers
MSDS Y-Pipe
Short Ram Intake (MAF Adapter with K&N Filter)

And even emailed me to confirm IMRCs, injector size, cam choice, etc.

The car runs extremely strong, gets great MPG, and is very very smooth. I have personally tuned a lot of cars from headers to FI and couldn't be happier with brenspeeds file and drivability. They also have great customer service, always answer the phone, and are making a couple small changes for me for free.

Back