• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TurboXS RFL Issue Resolution

SoopaCooga

Veteran CEG'er
I have heard from several CEG & NECO members that their Type H-RFL (BOV-RFL) blow-off valves (a.k.a. dump valves) are not sealing properly. Although I am not experiencing this personally with my Type H (BOV-H), I purchased a Type H34 (RBV-H34) that is similar in style to the BOV-RFL.

If you have the TurboXS Type H-RFL pictured below, please reply here. Once we have a list of who is affected, and why they believe they are affected, we will contact TurboXS and request warranty service. Note that according to the website, the warranty I posted below is good for one year. If the anniversary of your purchase date has passed, then I'm afraid we won't be able to help you much. Nevertheless, by recording your problem here, perhaps we can get more attention from TurboXS to properly address the issue. Thanks.

434.gif

TurboXS said:
LIMITED WARRANTY
TurboXS warrants to the original purchaser that TurboXS parts are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service or a period commencing upon the date of purchase and continuing for the following period specified after that date.

Exhaust Pipes (excluding Catalytic Converters): 5 years from date of purchase
All other TurboXS parts: 1 year from date of purchase

All items submitted to be covered under the limited warranty will need to be sent to TurboXS. We will not cover shipping to TurboXS or any downtime cost resulting in a potential warranty claim.

raises hand.

from the best that I can tell mine leaks from the o-ring in the top of the unit. I am using 4 shims at the moment and I do not believe the leak is from the seal to the intake pipe. if I cover the trumpet on the bov with my hand I feel vacuum on it. when I remove the vacuum line off the top of the unit the vacuum will stop. the valve work fine but sometimes it will stall, a few revs of the engine help stablize it.

I got my kit from joey back in february so I am good for a warrenty side of things.

I am out of the warranty period but I removed my RFL due to massive leaking issues also. It caused rough idle as well as stalling upon deceleration.

Sorry TurboXS, replaced with HKS.

I am out of the warranty period but I removed my RFL due to massive leaking issues also. It caused rough idle as well as stalling upon deceleration.

Were you able to identify the source of the leak (i.e. which opening)? I thought air was getting past the piston, but Brapple says he thinks it's the O-ring at the top by the vacuum hose. Let me know if you still have the valve. If we send them in for inspection (and repair), I'd like to have several examples if possible.

I do not know where it was leaking from. The valve is still in my possession and available to be sent in.

I no longer have the warantee on the rfl, its been replaced with a Tial 50mm bov, but the RFL is now a paper weight here at work on my desk:laugh: RFL FTL

I no longer have the warantee on the rfl, its been replaced with a Tial 50mm bov, but the RFL is now a paper weight here at work on my desk:laugh: RFL FTL

Ryan, if your valve was leaking, please tell us how you discovered and/or confirmed the leak. Thanks!

Ryan, if your valve was leaking, please tell us how you discovered and/or confirmed the leak. Thanks!

The dyno never lies, the dyno showed I had a leak in the turbo system, I put a bag on the bov and rubber banned it on there as tight as you can and it blew the bag full in less than a second. I dont know where it was leaking from but rfl's are notorious for leaking. I have friends with srt4's and they have the same problems with rfl's

Brapple, your warranty expires next month. Were you gonna give TurboXS a call and let 'em know about the issue with the RFL? I could call 'em, but since I don't have an RFL, I'm not sure what I can negotiate.

How do the other Turbo XS BOV's compare to this piece? just out of curiosity. Have any of you had experience with any of them or had any issues rather?

I would say just go with a Tial or HKS and play it safe, plus they are better imo.

Back