• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

as you can see, there's enough room at the top..... its the bottom where it gets tight. I've even managed to fit a small battery lengthways above the head unit, which hides the head unit plumbing and helps with the sleeper look.

That coupler you linked to, should fit as long as it points upwards. Are you having your filter in the engine bay ?

My filter is in that space in front of the wheel well, so my pipe goes down, thru the sub frame and loops up to the filter .....G

I plan on running it up top, to a 135 degree ( I think ) then to transition to the maf then running it down to the cold air intake I made.

I hate that a cobra head doesn't exist that's 3.5" to 3" always gotta modify somthing... Knowing me I'll probably change it later because I won't like it. HOPEFULLY I can cut and fit a 3" in there.

.... sounds like your filter is in the same place as mine, just you're taking a different route to it. ....G.

Maybe, it's kinda in the bumper, really low. If I hit a big puddle it would be a expensive water pump.

Silicone stuff ordered.

Does anyone want pictures of this stuff as it comes in? I'm pretty bad at remembering to do that.

Maybe, it's kinda in the bumper, really low. If I hit a big puddle it would be a expensive water pump.

...hmm

mine is right at the top behind the wheel well liner, a fortunate result of going down then back up with the feed pipe.

I thought about using an SVT filter box to enclose it, do you know if it will fit behind the bumper in that spot ?.... G.

Vortech build

Maybe. It would be difficult with the length of the assembly + maf. It's not a bad setup, only had to notch a inch from the fender mounting... Otherwise it's 3" pipe without cutting.

Also running a filter sock from k&n that protects it from water, but I'd be sol if submersed,

Just remembered I need to figure out where I want to put the battery... Dammit!

Maybe. It would be difficult with the length of the assembly + maf. It's not a bad setup, only had to notch a inch from the fender mounting... Otherwise it's 3" pipe without cutting.

I meant for mine. I'm not trying to strangle the very last HP out it. 250 - 270 will be enough for this engine ... G.

Updates.

- Got the cobra head connector, no way i'm getting a 3" pipe on one end :( guess i'll transition 2.5 to 3" don't like that at all, but it's not a priority, nor do i have a better solution.

- Decided on a 2.78 pulley, and ordered.

- Have the battery relocation figured out, and everything here for it.

- Broken oil orifice replacement ordered.

- 90% of silicone/clamps piping is here. The rest is on the way.

- Lightning maf and adapter is here.

- svtf Heat exchanger from 2000zxt is here (thanks!)

- Boost gauge on the way.

Things i need to figure out still... (please help lol)

- Plumbing the charger. Need to know NPT size fitting at the head, the oil feed, oil return to replace with AN fittings. How does the hose hook up on the boost end?

- Pull what hardware i need from the installation PDF and order from mcmastercarr

- What degree fittings for oil cooler at sandwich plate (mmm sandwich)

To Buy
Spec'ed Msds Header and gaskets
42lb injectors
Charger Rebuild Stuff gaskets seals ect.
Oil/plugs
Oil cooler AN hoses and fittings
Mounting hardware
Oil feed/drain lines fittings
jaged's intercooler stuff
rad spacers

••••'in hell you would have thought i made a bigger dent.

That's a grand idea! I think too hard.

Now someone figure out my plumbing, its giving me a case of the take apart put together 1000 times in my dreams.

Jv3o67Y.jpg

... the subframe/radiator spacers are rectangular;

they are 24mm wide x 60mm long. On a LHD the passenger side spacer is 24mm thick and the driver's side spacer is 32mm thick. I think the difference in thickness is important because it is highlighted in the instructions.

There are also round spacers ( 10mm thick) that raise up the rad, do you have those ?.... G.

lol great cartoon.

Vortech build

No, I don't have those either lol. All I have is what I took pictures of.

I think those differences might be tossed out with my lack of a/c, thanks for the dimensions.

and 24 mm is .94" so 1" square tube that is 2 3/8" long will work. Mine are actually spaced out a bit further than that to give some more room. I dont have the vertical spacers either.

pretty sure the radiator fan shroud will foul the head unit if you don't space out the rad with the thicker one at the subframe.

Not sure if the height spacers are something to do with the modified water cross over pipe or if spacing out the rad from the subframe actually lowers it .... G.

p.s. that lightning MAF you have, any chance you can post up the tables for that pleeeeeez .

Dont have the maf tables, i can get them from my tuner if need be im sure.

Thanks, they are needed and i'm sure others will need them too.

Thanks for the pointers to the NECO vortech thread, I got the input and output seals for $34 :cool: .... they are the rubber sealed ones.

A set of bearings is at least $200 :blackeye: Luckily my bearings are fine. I just need to dismantle the head unit without breaking anything and I should be golden. ....G.

Back