• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Went to take the company car...

Korfu

Veteran CEG'er
started it and it was loud as hell. Pop the hood, hmm thats wierd that looks like the exhuast but it just ends. Go under car.... Some one stole that cat out of the company car.

I got a good laugh out of it especially when we took it to get fixed and I would just rev the hell out of it at lights and everyon thought it was my coworkers GTI, nope it was the white ugly Rav4.

Just thought id share, cops said that toyotas are being targeted lately because they put more platinum in the cats then most other makers and that he doubts the replacement cat will get stolen since there is alot lest platinum in them.

according to the cops yes. Apparently they have caught people and they have a list in order with what cars/makes/models catch the highest prices and that once they hit a car once unless they replace it with another OEM piece they wont hit it again since they can tell its a replacement non-oem.

Apparently the lower your car is, the less incentive they have to steal it.
Hmm, a good reason to lower the car :laugh:

Apparently the lower your car is, the less incentive they have to steal it.
Hmm, a good reason to lower the car :laugh:

Lower the car? well yes.... no excuse necessary.

The real way to prevent theft? Pull that stupid :censored::censored::censored::censored: out! God I love the smell of a contour dumping raw fuel and all those emissions straight out the back of the car uninterupted!

Suck my balls hippies!

i got $40 for the cat from 2001 taurus that i pulled after my sister totaled it! pretty decent, i got $30 for my original cat for my csvt. both decently rusty.

there was a honda dealer down here that had 20 or so cats stolen off i believe the new Pilots im not sure maybe the odessy but this was about 2 years ago, and the dealer said the cats or worth more than $500 a piece!!!

The real way to prevent theft? Pull that stupid :censored::censored::censored::censored: out! God I love the smell of a contour dumping raw fuel and all those emissions straight out the back of the car uninterupted!
um yeah .. that'd be nice if it passed a state inspection ANYWHERE within 500 miles of here. :blackeye: Hell in MA poor Zorrex is getting harrassed for his SVT exhaust on a GL Contour.

um yeah .. that'd be nice if it passed a state inspection ANYWHERE within 500 miles of here. :blackeye: Hell in MA poor Zorrex is getting harrassed for his SVT exhaust on a GL Contour.

They just check the engine codes... MIL Eliminators will take care of it.

On the plus side the boss told me to use the company car on a daily basis now. Free gas and dont put the miles on my car. SCORE!

Lower the car? well yes.... no excuse necessary.

Suck my balls hippies!

lmao, I had no less then three people complain to me at the meet we had today about how strong the raw fuel smell was from behind my car when I got on it :crazy:

this morning while the car was warming up

picture.php

still fails visual inspection ....

depends ENTIRELY on where you are. i understand MA is a pain in the balls with some of the stuff matt has been goung through, but in PA it's not so much of a big deal.

never once did i have anyone look under my car for anything. just strap it to the dyno and put in the sniffer. nowadays they only plug into the obd2 port and check for cel's.

I got past emissions with my turbo on the car this year ... just had to install the cat before hand so I would fail a visual inspection. but then again I don't even recall the guy looking under the car for it either ... and mil-eliminators are a good thing. Actually I don't think he looked under the hood either .... have to see if I get a letter from the state or not ...

Back