• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What day works for YOU??

What day works for YOU??

• Saturday April 10th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday April 11th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday April 17th

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Sunday April 18th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Saturday April 24th

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sunday April 25th

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Ahh alright. I have nothing to do tomorrow so I was just wondering. Those fogs will look pretty nice... should've went 3k :) lol. I need to see how the plate looks.. I really wanna give that a try. Oh, and no word yet on the tracking info for my stuff being shipped :nonono:.

What's the name of the shop and their info? I NEED mine installed. Do you think they could fix the cracking also?

Oh, and where did you get your HID kit from?

Lol I am not a honda ricer with 3k fogs and 6k headlights haha. 6k matching, should look sweet. I gotta just make the plate mounting mint and it will be perfect. Looks good already tho with nothing on the bumper..the shop is called Ottawa Auto Body in Hamilton (on the mountain)...I think to fix any cracking on the outside you need to get it recleared and if its underneath they could always just urethane it (around the hinge)

I got my kit from a local guy i deal with, I can get you a kit for $140 warrentied any color hids and any leds as well (Id have to get a price on those for whatever bulbs you want- Im getting all mine from him and Im getting reverse lights, license plate lights, taillights, signals, dome light, map lights, footwell lights (when doors open)

Lol I am not a honda ricer with 3k fogs and 6k headlights haha. 6k matching, should look sweet. I gotta just make the plate mounting mint and it will be perfect. Looks good already tho with nothing on the bumper..the shop is called Ottawa Auto Body in Hamilton (on the mountain)...I think to fix any cracking on the outside you need to get it recleared and if its underneath they could always just urethane it (around the hinge)

I got my kit from a local guy i deal with, I can get you a kit for $140 warrentied any color hids and any leds as well (Id have to get a price on those for whatever bulbs you want- Im getting all mine from him and Im getting reverse lights, license plate lights, taillights, signals, dome light, map lights, footwell lights (when doors open)

No, honda ricers have like 12k or 15k headlights haha. I personally like the way yellow fogs look.. to each their own right? But yeah, if you get matching fogs and headlights, they look pretty good aswell. I wanna do that front plate delete, but I'm lazy lol. Wanna do it for me :D? Oh, and the cracking is by the latch hook, so I guess they could urethane it. I'm gonna have to go there in the next few days.

The HID's are gonna have to wait, since I got new bulbs recently. But they'll probably look like crap since my headlights alignment is WAY out of whack. I have no idea how I'm gonna fix that.. got any idea's?

Not sure...maybe you can fix it once you get your hightowers ?

The plate delete looks mint, I just finished it now. Ill go snap a quick photo for you :). I just got those snap-in lock things from Crappy Tire to fill the holes, looks good too. Need 1 more though I only have 2 in (came in box of 3 but one broke lol)

These:
101_1552.jpg

Not sure...maybe you can fix it once you get your hightowers ?

The plate delete looks mint, I just finished it now. Ill go snap a quick photo for you :). I just got those snap-in lock things from Crappy Tire to fill the holes, looks good too. Need 1 more though I only have 2 in (came in box of 3 but one broke lol)

These:

Well, I'm not sure how I'm gonna fix it if the bolts to do the aligning are stripped. Next time my headlights are off, I'm gonna see if they can be replaced then I'll just post a WTB to see if the usual guys on here have the parts.

So do you have any pics of the delete? What exactly are those things called, or what section did you buy them in? The thing that sucks about those, is if I do it, you'll notice the black ending. You're lucky you have a black car for these lol.

Well, I'm not sure how I'm gonna fix it if the bolts to do the aligning are stripped. Next time my headlights are off, I'm gonna see if they can be replaced then I'll just post a WTB to see if the usual guys on here have the parts.

So do you have any pics of the delete? What exactly are those things called, or what section did you buy them in? The thing that sucks about those, is if I do it, you'll notice the black ending. You're lucky you have a black car for these lol.

Im going to upload pics now, just got home. Just get a touchup paint thing of Silver Frost and paint the ends of them lol. I got them at crappy tire in the automotive section, they are called like body trim panel clips or something.

Ok as promised, heres some quick photos:

24158_10150179866060724_655925723_1.jpg

24158_10150179866220724_655925723_1.jpg

24158_10150179866065724_655925723_1.jpg

25288_10150179866510724_655925723_1.jpg

And I heard the police rag for not being able to see Ontario so I cut where the top holes are and folded them down, and it just works out perfect theres a slot in our bumpers for the top Ontario part to slide up into/behind which looks like this:

24158_10150179866205724_655925723_1.jpg

I can bend the corners more outwards to fill the triangle gaps but theres no room for them bewteen the mesh and bumper so Im going to leave it. Not a big deal anyways.

Damn.. that looks good! I'm gonna try that tomorrow then. Tomorrow, I'm also gonna clean up the car and test my spacers on a front and rear wheel to see what offset and/or how many spacers have to be used to get the car to be hellaflush :cool:.

Oh, and I need to get black touch up paint for my lugs because I already kind of stripped one :nonono:.. so I'll get silver touch up paint aswell.

Lol yeah man. Also, I just PM'd you about the tail lights.

So I kinda wanna meet up again like last time, but maybe with more people before the Official CEG Meet.. you up for one next weekend or something? Maybe get a couple of your buddies or something and try to get Aaron out this time aswell. Anyone from here aside from CK and I are welcome to join :shrug:.

Yupp, read it. :)

All I know as of right now, Saturday Im doing the rear mesh and possibly my grille, and then Sat. night Ill be around here and there..nothin planned for Sunday as of yet unless I claybar the car since I couldnt this weekend :(

Yaa wait and see I guess, lol. I think im going to atteempt the rear mesh tomorrow/today...just gotta figure out how or where to jack the car up from the rear :(

I got the front up no problem so thats why the front mesh is done/installed. Reason for jacking it up is so I can get my drill on the right angle underneath to put screws into the tabs to hold the mesh- I tried binder clips first, big fail lol. Screw method is mint, mesh doesnt even move one bit :)

Oh yeah true dude. So did you have to do any trimming of the mesh to fit around the tabs? How much did you have to do? I'm assuming it's probably less than the mesh i'll be getting since your gen mesh has the bigger gaps. And the screw idea sounds like a good one. I'll do that aswell then.... whenever I get my mesh. Which reminds me, I fixed my sideskirt that had the screw missing. Found one laying around in my garage and it fit perfectly :).

Oh yeah true dude. So did you have to do any trimming of the mesh to fit around the tabs? How much did you have to do? I'm assuming it's probably less than the mesh i'll be getting since your gen mesh has the bigger gaps. And the screw idea sounds like a good one. I'll do that aswell then.... whenever I get my mesh. Which reminds me, I fixed my sideskirt that had the screw missing. Found one laying around in my garage and it fit perfectly :).

The front mesh fit pretty well around the tabs so no trimming there...the rear needs some work though. One tab needs the corner trimmed off, and I even had to cut one tab completely out or cut the mesh apart which I didnt feel like doing LOL

As for the screw method, works awsome. Just line up the mesh on the tabs and either get someone to hold it pulling outwards so its as tight to the bumper as it will get or tie it that way..then just put a screw as close to the end where the mesh is so it holds the mesh against the bumper and then its rock solid.

I just cant figure out where to jack the back end up from ...

Its done lol, used the spare tire jack which fit nicely in the jackpoint cover in the skirt. Got it up enough fo me to get under with the drill and popped some screws in :)

Now just for the grille! :D...gotta get it "modded" lol

Just dropped my grille off :)

Heres some quick rear mesh photos, i know the car is dirty but it rained last night.

26759_10150180320115724_655925723_1.jpg

26759_10150180320100724_655925723_1.jpg

Nice man! Can't wait to see that in person! I still haven't heard anything back yet from the certain person who has my stuff that I paid for :nonono:. I'm truly pissed off now... *sigh*. Had to vent a little there. Have to get my mid off this by getting a meet going! LOL.

Well nothing makes it better lol. Everytime I go out to my car I see the hightower-less lights and the Stazi-less mesh, so no matter what I am reminded of it. Needless-to-say I will be calling them non-stop until I get a concrete answer.

Back