• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

I put in new horns. Apparently my stock horn on the passenger side was not hooked up to anything (no wiring to it either). The driver side one had water in it, but I stuck a pair of Hella horns off Amazon in there and it sounds great now! For the first time in the 11 years I've owned it I won't be embarrassed to hit the horn and let someone know they're in my way. ;)

I put in new horns. Apparently my stock horn on the passenger side was not hooked up to anything (no wiring to it either). The driver side one had water in it, but I stuck a pair of Hella horns off Amazon in there and it sounds great now! For the first time in the 11 years I've owned it I won't be embarrassed to hit the horn and let someone know they're in my way. ;)

I'm so embarrassed to honk the horn on 2 contours, Tbird and f150 haha, i have a manly horn on the dodge van tho! looked them up on amazon, they don't seem to badly priced.

I attempted to figure out why my blower motor fuse keeps popping on my old SE, unplugged the ABS module and it still popped. going to check the resistor and blower motor on

Thank you ! Now I've got another question sadly tho lol
It's coolant related. Where should this hose go to?

The small hose off the top left of the radiator while looking at the front of the car while standing in front of it goes to the lower port on the coolant tank. The other port is for the small hose from the main coolant pipe off of the thermostat.

The small hose off the top left of the radiator while looking at the front of the car while standing in front of it goes to the lower port on the coolant tank. The other port is for the small hose from the main coolant pipe off of the thermostat.

You couldn't spoil me with a picture could you lol

My tank only has 3 nipples to it I believe. On the front of it the top on that goes to the t housing and the lower one that's thicker that goes somewhere then the one on the backside of it at the top.

My tank only has 3 nipples to it I believe. On the front of it the top on that goes to the t housing and the lower one that's thicker that goes somewhere then the one on the backside of it at the top.

Sounds like the tank was swapped out for a coolant tank from a Zetec. The large port is on the bottom corner and connects to the lower radiator hose. The very top small hose crosses the engine bay and connects to the upper radiator hose at the thermostat. Directly under the top small port should be another one (that the Zetec never had) and connects to the small port on the top of the radiator.

Also there is one that is at the tank cap - this is just the overflow and doesn't connect to anything.

I'll try to remember to take and post a photo tonight. If not do a google image search.

Last edited:
No Title

Here's mine. Sounds like you're right. Is that bad that I don't have that other nipple?

Attachments

• photo16439.jpeg
    photo16439.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 0
Yup, you have a Zetec tank. Not sure about not having it. I know on my Zetec I had to replace the radiator and it had the port on it for the V6. Just capped it off and didn't think about it.

Yup, you have a Zetec tank. Not sure about not having it. I know on my Zetec I had to replace the radiator and it had the port on it for the V6. Just capped it off and didn't think about it.

I'll leave it alone then haha thank ya

No Title

looks good!! wet sand paper down your old ones see how well they shine up, it might surprise you!
I actually used a headlight resto kit but the tabs are all broken on the old pair of lights and the chrome inside of the headlights was turning black? Not save able by me at least haha

Attachments

• photo16441.jpeg
    photo16441.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 0
I actually used a headlight resto kit but the tabs are all broken on the old pair of lights and the chrome inside of the headlights was turning black? Not save able by me at least haha

opps to far gone then I guess, was worth a shot! ive shined up a couple sets on the broken tabs ive used big washers to keep them in place haha

I changed out a blown speaker on my SE, for the 1st time in 12 hours owning my contour I had to take the door panels off. there is a lot of screws on that panel!!

I changed out a blown speaker on my SE, for the 1st time in 12 hours owning my contour I had to take the door panels off. there is a lot of screws on that panel!!

I had to take my passenger side front door panel off within a week of buying mine because I locked the keys in it & broke out the window 🙈🙈🙈

Back