• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

original owner of mine spliced into the speaker wire harness that connects to the factory amp, then a while back some douche stole my nice aftermarket radio and cut the harness. so today i am gutting all that and replacing with all factory original harness/amp/radio.

What did you do this weekend?

What did you do this weekend?

I drove to NC to get a set of headlights...

So getting there was slightly longer than I wanted but all in all it was a decent trip. But the return trip however, was not the same... NC was good, SC... well let me say they are the worlds worst drivers... ( could go on, but I will stop there ) GA... well, let me say speed trap of all speed traps! 15 cars hiding behind the over pass with one cop on foot holding the radar gun on top and announcing which cars to go after... wow that was fun! Then I finally get back in to FL three hours longer than it took to get to there the first time, only to end up worried about my car overheating... from the crazy tampa traffic which took me an addition 2 1/2 hrs to go 45 miles! Yeah, I am finally home...

So what you do?

Been working on the Contour for about a week and getting it all put back together. Fired it up this weekend, nothing better than the smell of race gas!!!! Decided I'm taking the Contour back to the Big Bend Open Road Race in April.
Class 145mph

Rob

I drove to NC to get a set of headlights...

So getting there was slightly longer than I wanted but all in all it was a decent trip. But the return trip however, was not the same... NC was good, SC... well let me say they are the worlds worst drivers... ( could go on, but I will stop there ) GA... well, let me say speed trap of all speed traps! 15 cars hiding behind the over pass with one cop on foot holding the radar gun on top and announcing which cars to go after... wow that was fun! Then I finally get back in to FL three hours longer than it took to get to there the first time, only to end up worried about my car overheating... from the crazy tampa traffic which took me an addition 2 1/2 hrs to go 45 miles! Yeah, I am finally home...

So what you do?

Couldn't figure out why you drove to NC to pick up some headlights BUT after reading another post, there were a few more things that went with those headlights. LOL

Couldn't figure out why you drove to NC to pick up some headlights BUT after reading another post, there were a few more things that went with those headlights. LOL

Yeah, see what had happened was.... I was going to post more in the thread I started but it got merged with another post... Going to post some more later... once I get her ready for her first tampa photoshoot..

Sunday...washed and waxed, imrc fixed, water pump belt and tensionor replaced. Today...put blue one back on Jack stands (fell of somehow last night after being on them perfectly fine since November) then going to yard for parts for both

Installed 3000k HIDs in the Hella projector Fogs I got and finished a design to utilize the adjuster that came on the fog light. Drivers side adjuster is installed, passenger will be tomorrow after work or friday on my day off. Fogs now outmatch my low beams.

I thought about taking the SVT out for a drive. I also thought about going and checking on the SeVT. Ended up washing the Focus.

I thought about taking the SVT out for a drive. I also thought about going and checking on the SeVT. Ended up washing the Focus.

:laugh: This was funny for some reason. Plus u probably didnt realize it brian, but you made a pun. Thought about driving the svt..., checking up on the sevt..., then "washed focus"? Get it? Or was that too much of a stretch:D?

started to turn p-tan sunroof motor cover into gray to match grey headliner. Hit the switch for the salamander.......and it wouldnt light. so no paint for me tonight..installed new to me sunroof motor from local pick a part and tested to verify it worked.

Prepped the port matched 3l for my mothers SVT and started removing the 2.5l from the younger brothers SVT. Maybe one day I will have time to show my own car some love :rolleyes:

Spun rod bearings smh... debating a 3L or a 2.5L from a local ceg'er or selling/scrapping/parting... Was leaning toward a 3L til someone chimed in they had a 2.5 ready to go. the other options are taboo and not to be discussed yet... :mad:

Peeled the rest of the paint off my wheels,.now anxiously awaiting the new color to arrive: )

Spun rod bearings smh... debating a 3L or a 2.5L from a local ceg'er or selling/scrapping/parting... Was leaning toward a 3L til someone chimed in they had a 2.5 ready to go. the other options are taboo and not to be discussed yet... :mad:

I've mentioned it recently on facebook to someone else but why in the world would someone scrap a car, that I assume is in good shape, when all it needs is an engine. Way to many SVTs are getting scrapped/parted that just need some work. Now if the body was rusting out, then thats a different story.

"Refreshed" all the black plastic trim on the car. Tried swapping radiator in the blue one, but the support bolts were around off on the drivers side. Now i have yet another f---ing thing to fix...... its always something with that car.

I've mentioned it recently on facebook to someone else but why in the world would someone scrap a car, that I assume is in good shape, when all it needs is an engine. Way to many SVTs are getting scrapped/parted that just need some work. Now if the body was rusting out, then thats a different story.

Yes there are very few dings and scratches and small surface rust which I was planning on getting rid of this summer anyway so now I'll just have more space to clean and do the engine bay when I sand, fill, and repaint. I hate seeing good cars and especially rare ones go to waste.

I've been recontenting from the junk yard lately it seems... Yellow hood latch, lit headlight selector, pre98 inner trunk panels (thick and in perfect shape), NEW floor mats on the way, removed SVT logo off the trunk and put on my new SVT license plate frame, New visors, rear seat latch covers...
Next up is painted grill ring and sail panels.
Erick

Finally started my SE Gray-->SVT MNB interior swap this afternoon. Didn't have a whole lot of time to devote to it, but I did get all 4 door panels switched out. I'm hoping to get all the seats and carpet removed tomorrow, then swap the dash this weekend.

Back