• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

winter projects/hobbes?

newb

Hard-core CEG'er
so its getting chilly out. any projects on the car? or on anything else? got any hobbies to help pass the cold months?

pulling the engine out of the car before it goes to paint. it'll get regasketed so it wont leak anymore, lots of parts powder coated or painted and cleaned. try to hide some wires and hoses. install the headers.

we also just bought a house so i will be working on that. wood flooring in all places except bedrooms. reinsulate a few places and hang some drywall. also replac cabinets in kitchen.

im looking at picking up a 4.6 4v to build also for my ranger project.

My Cougar was demoted to winter duty because I couldn't find a decent winter car I wanted to spend the money on. I put the stock coolant tank back in, removed the wideband setup, installed a new AC line, and bought a set of 17" rims with all season tires. I still need to bring it in to get the AC charged but it should be ready to go shortly.

I might work on the jag this winter. I'd love to remove the precats and look into supercharger pulley upgrades.

Continuing with my 3.0 project

Converting an old oil tank into a powdercoat oven

Finishing up the heating system in the house

Finishing up Donkey Kong Country Returns

Well just added a few...

1. installing garage heater (hopefully gets finished today)
2. paint door handles and reassemble the tour's doors
3. weld on cat to Civic's exhaust
4. finish the tour
5. build CF trunk
6. build CF hood
7. start to revive the Camaro.

ordered a TON of stuff for the CSVT. will be nice to have her not pissin on the driveway any more and looking better

Noticed a misfire last night. I opened the hood and sprayed the engine down with Febreze. Sure enough, I could see arcing to the UIM. Some blue Taylor wires are in my future

engine tore down, parts to cleaner yesterday, powder coat today and should pck them up on monday.

Noticed a misfire last night. I opened the hood and sprayed the engine down with Febreze. Sure enough, I could see arcing to the UIM. Some blue Taylor wires are in my future

Why would Febreze do anything? I googled it but nothing came up other than a guy who said he Febrezed his interior of his M3 and now it misfires.... lol

Stock replacement wires are usually the best option. Aftermarket wires usually have fitment issues (boots too long/short, length of wires too long/short, cheap coilpack clips, etc). New stock wires are only $50 and work perfectly every time.

picked up my valve covers and timing cover from the coater yeasterday after work. North Side services in faribault is a Great place to get your stuff done. great turn around time. but those who know the ugly contour will be suprised the way she's gonna look this year :)

picked up my valve covers and timing cover from the coater yeasterday after work. North Side services in faribault is a Great place to get your stuff done. great turn around time. but those who know the ugly contour will be suprised the way she's gonna look this year :)

Cant wait to see the "ugly beast"...

Also Nick, I may be selling my 18" wheels but not sure if you want the 225 45 18. Im on the hunt for tires for the 17's I have here. Yesterday I picked up a set of BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO for the S10 Blazer. Again the Cobalt gets NOTHING......

lol, oooooo you know i have wanted those 18's :) but i think if possible i only want the tires... i love my icons to much lol

Back