• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

XCal 2 Help!

hoodwanka

CEG'er
I bought an XCal2 and I am in process of getting a tune from Joey a NPG. However the Xcal2 originally had a blank serial number. I used the LiveLoad software from SCT, to set a serial number for the device. However the device set its serial number to be 10 digits long, but the serial number is supposed to be 9 digits or 16 digits. Called SCT they said that is very strange and that I might have to send it to them for it to be fixed, but it might cost me. So does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Just had this happen to my Xcal 2. I ran a check engine light on a car I was working on and when I plugged the xcal in a screen came up I've never seen before. Then all of a sudden it started working and displayed the CEL info. I went to work on a tune for my Cougar and now the SN for the device is blank and it won't load tunes into my car becuase it says it is unlocked and my car doesn't have a stock tune loaded. I guess I'll have to call SCT.... :(

I'm guessing the OBD port in the car I was working on had an electrical issue that did something to the Xcal 2 (wiped it).

I gave SCT a call and they said you can serialize your device on your own by using their Live Load software. There is an option to serialize it. I'm going to give this a try tonight. The issue someone might have with this is that it could make your tunes unusable if you had mail order tunes or tunes that came on the device. Since I have the PRP I'm fine.

I was able to serialize my device but I'm still screwed. Some how my Xcal2 is unlocked and my car has a tune in it still so I need to get my computer back to stock by having ford or SCT flash it back to stock. I have to say the guys over at SCT are not the brightest bunch. It took me quite a few calls and emails until they said they can't fix it without re-flashing my computer. I was pretty sure that was going to happen before I originally called them.

If anyone wants to have a Xcal2 unlocked I know a car that will do it for some reason..... :(

Yeah I got mine back about a week ago after having to reserialize it, turned out I didn't really need to. However if it says your SN is blank, you can trying using the liveload software to reset the serial number. That really sucks about having to reflash the tune on the car, is there no way to reset the computer on your own?

Yeah I got mine back about a week ago after having to reserialize it, turned out I didn't really need to. However if it says your SN is blank, you can trying using the liveload software to reset the serial number. That really sucks about having to reflash the tune on the car, is there no way to reset the computer on your own?

Supposedly a Xcal 3 can but the Xcal 2 can't.

- Blackcoog I know this is completely unrelated to PCM tuning but since it seems only you and me are in this thread. I had a question about your company/website do you guys do alright business wise? For example how often do you move an engine? I'm interested but I may need to save for a little while before I have the cash.

This year and last year have been slower due to the economy but we are definitely keeping busy. We don't plan on shutting down any time soon. Feel free to pm me any questions you have on the swap.

I received my PCM and Xcal2 back from SCT the other day. Everything is fixed and the car is up and running again. I doubt I'll ever use that Xcal2 to read another cars CEL again.

Back