• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You rule Joey

Which is why Ryan should go with a thermal extracting coating... Since he's rolling in money... and starting new posts ever 32 seconds

the shop we use for our intercooler boxes does that coating. its a heat dissipating coating and its a matte black color. im going to have my blower done in it :cool:

Get your intercooler thermal dispersant coated.

If you powerdercoat it I will be forced to mock you every time i see a picture of the car.

if thats HUGE,you old ic must be super small:shrug:

his first intercooler is just 21"X6"X2.75", each vein only being 1/4" = 5.5" square of port area of flow

the one likes Rawburts is 21"X6"X3.5" same vein size 1/4" = 7" squared of port area of flow

Mine and Ryan is 26"x10"x3" veins also 1/4" but the flow is top to bottom so you have 24" squared of port area of flow 80% less resistance with the same amount of cooling area the intercooler will flow over 700 hp

side to side mounts are not great unless you get them 12" tall for pressure drop which may be fine for guys who want to stay under 400 hp but anytime you free up the load on the turbo wheel you free up the exhaust turbine wheel allowing the exhaust to flow better. A turbo can push through most situation like Stazi old setup but he left alot of power on the table and torque mostly. Remember we dynoed the same turbo system back to back where we pulled the smaller (stazi) intercooler off not touching anything and put on the larger 3.5" (rawburt) and gained 12 whp for .75" thicker core under 300whp. So imagine how much Stazi 354whp dyno left on the table I bet he left 30whp or more at the same boost levels.

having owned five modified turbo cars i fully understand what his intercooler was holding back. will this one cause a undesierable amount of lag though? obv. it'll have more than before....just curious,what size turbo is that car running ryan?

having owned five modified turbo cars i fully understand what his intercooler was holding back. will this one cause a undesierable amount of lag though? obv. it'll have more than before....just curious,what size turbo is that car running ryan?

well the internal volume of the intercooler is nearly the same with maybe 30% more on the larger endcaps. The turbo he is using if I remember right is a GT3071R which in my opinion the turbine side is a little small if I remember and I am sure that is why it is a fast spooling setup. The 3 liter is better mated up with a T3/T4 setup using a .63 AR housing for instant boost or less aggressive setup a .82 AR. Joey

This turbo is actually the gt3076r. And I went with this intercooler cause its the biggest and best and I trust what Joey says. There will be before and after dyno tests done to show what hp gains there are for those of you with the smaller intercooler, and to upgrade to this bigger one wasnt very expensive, Joey's prices are unbeatable.

Barge,where would I get my ic thermal dispersant coated, I havent ever heard of this process.

No the turbo will stay the same, well for now,that is till the bottom end is built somewhere down the road.

Awsome thanks Barge, I will call them friday after work and maybe go ahead and get the ic sent offf to them to have coated.

definately use swain's services if you don't want to do it twice. it'll have lots of rock chips coming at it so the higher quality the better. and as for the mesh, just put stock stuff back in it? its already flat black and looks the best imo.

Nothing like pointing out the answer first thing and getting ignored :shrug::cool:.

Hey barge look! someone listened to you!

Back