• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ypipe or something else?

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
headers were just recently installed and the car sounds really good. problem is its a lil raspy on high rpms until its warmed up quite a bit. would a optimized ypipe make the raspy worse or not. all i have for exhaust is the headers to stock svt ypipe to the stock cat then two magnaflow mufflers in the back. any suggestions? i want it to be deep and throaty but less raspy

headers were just recently installed and the car sounds really good. problem is its a lil raspy on high rpms until its warmed up quite a bit. would a optimized ypipe make the raspy worse or not. all i have for exhaust is the headers to stock svt ypipe to the stock cat then two magnaflow mufflers in the back. any suggestions? i want it to be deep and throaty but less raspy

A resonator would fix this problem. Magnaflow is what everyone seems to go with. Others who want a cheap fix, put in a cherry bomb.

The overall the length of the resonator is what really helps reduce rasp. So from 21" or 24" would do a great job.

Getting an upgraded y-pipe would only increase sound not rasp.

Back