• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

It's not like they explode :p They just leave a decent sized hole all the way through assuming you don't hit any major bones. Usually the deer just kinda jump when they're hit (I imagine they feel a funny tingle more than actual pain because it happens so fast).

And then they come over to eat out of your hand.

It's not like they explode :p They just leave a decent sized hole all the way through assuming you don't hit any major bones. Usually the deer just kinda jump when they're hit (I imagine they feel a funny tingle more than actual pain because it happens so fast).

If they get stuck though, they are ripping everything to shreds. Hunt any place special?

that si what i had on mine before an inch of snow, and a hill made it meet a dodge stratus

You ever think that maybe it wasn't the tires....it was you. You are such a car racist and you hate dodge with every fiber of your being so you had to hit it? Huh? :laugh:

that si what i had on mine before an inch of snow, and a hill made it meet a dodge stratus

No good.

When I lived in Montana, I ran Kelly Charger ZR Directionals all year round on my first SHO. Great performance tires, but a little dicey in the snow, especially given the plowing out there left something to be desired. They also used this glycol based crap that they would dump at intersections to de-ice the roads. Problem is, it would refreeze and congeal, creating something that was damn slick. Not fun. At that point, I doubt it mattered much if you had your snow shoes on or not.

With my second SHO, I had BF Goodrich g-Force Sports. Loved those tires. I'd put them on the Contour if they made the right size -- closest is 225/55R-16. I guess I ran those in the snow, too, though I don't remember doing so specifically. Can't imagine they were stellar in the white stuff.

I am hoping the Fuzion HRI's will be good enough for winter driving.

I ran Fuzion ZRI's in the snow for awhile (those tires sucked in the summer - didn't last for :censored::censored::censored::censored:) they did alright.. Some pucker moments going around corners, but once you go with a performance snow tire, there is no going back.

I ran Fuzion ZRI's in the snow for awhile (those tires sucked in the summer - didn't last for :censored::censored::censored::censored:) they did alright.. Some pucker moments going around corners, but once you go with a performance snow tire, there is no going back.

Had blizzaks on the 95 and I loved them. I just can't afford them right now. :cry: There are sets on craigslist but none of them close to my size tire.

ad on mnsc said:
I have a pair of Bridgestone Potenzas G009's. The size of the pair are 225/45/17. Both have even wear. Tread depth on one is 5/32nd and the other is 9/32nd.
$40 for the pair
I also have a set of winter tires. Sold the car about a month ago and i have these left.
Continental ContiWinterContacts. 225/50/17. Even wear. all have about 9/32nds left on tread depth.
Good for about 2 more seasons easily.
$150 for the set

sorry it took so long but i have been quite busy.

102_1484.jpg

102_1485.jpg

102_1486.jpg

102_1487.jpg

5char

They are for me....about to throw my car into a mine pit.

Change of heart? What's going on with it? There's a superfund site in Butte, MT filled with nasty acid that you could push it into. Little bit of a drive, but closer to you than me.

Well, the Adobe Suite is up and running again!

I reformatted the hard drive (since the version of CS3 i had on wouldnt even allow me to fully uninstall it, and it wouldnt let me install CS2), installed my new copy of CS3 and things are all grand now! wahoo!

I picked up a used copy of the entire master suite for 100 bucks off Ebay a week ago when my design programs quit working. so now i have a fully legit and legal version of it for a fraction of the cost (new is over 2000 :eek: )

freelance design, here i come!

Well, the Adobe Suite is up and running again!

I reformatted the hard drive (since the version of CS3 i had on wouldnt even allow me to fully uninstall it, and it wouldnt let me install CS2), installed my new copy of CS3 and things are all grand now! wahoo!

I picked up a used copy of the entire master suite for 100 bucks off Ebay a week ago when my design programs quit working. so now i have a fully legit and legal version of it for a fraction of the cost (new is over 2000 :eek: )

freelance design, here i come!

$100?!?!?!?! That is crazy talk! Reminds me of when I sold my Visual Design I got for free from college on ebay for $350. :laugh:

Back