• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone know this SVT?

as i said there are instances where this doesnt apply
but neither one got what they put into it which is my point
normally someone looking to purchase a car a 4 door family car at that
(outside of the ceg world) doesnt want this car all hopped up WITH THE DEALER TELLING YOU ITS A RACE CAR
THAT IS WHY IT IS STILL FOR SALE A YEAR LATER

as i said there are instances where this doesnt apply
but neither one got what they put into it which is my point
normally someone looking to purchase a car a 4 door family car at that
(outside of the ceg world) doesnt want this car all hopped up WITH THE DEALER TELLING YOU ITS A RACE CAR
THAT IS WHY IT IS STILL FOR SALE A YEAR LATER

well yeah if you put it that way. When u said mods reduce car value for the most part, i thot u meant below book value. thats the way i took it. Yea, u probably won't get wot u put into it.

I have the mod list as a .pdf file. Tried to save as a .jpg file to link from my photobucket account but no luck.
Anyone want to tell me how to post this?
-J

I drove by that car and actually have a couple (crappy) pics still on my cell phone of it...

Car looked very nice. I remember seeing the OZ's, which is why I stopped to take a quick look at it. Minus the wing, which is easily removed, the car looked AWESOME. IIRC I remember seeing some Koni struts on it as well.

Air filter + MAF Adapter = $150? $1350 for headers? $1430 for bolts and gaskets!? LOL! Just about everything on that list is inflated, and some of it stupidly even if you count labor.

well you're a punk :cool:

we all know its a nice car and well built but when you look at things realistically why would anyone buy a io yr old car that they dont make parts for anymore for that much money:shrug:

I got off early yesterday and was going to make the 6 hr. round trip before I comitted to the low mile car. I told him I wouldn't pay more than $7000 and I wouldn't waste the trip if they wouldn't take that. They called back and said the manager wouldn't take any less than $8500, what they have in it.
I told them good luck.
FYI if anyone interested.
-J

What they have in it has no relevance to what the market will bear for a selling price. Tell them a cost accountant (me) told you that. :laugh:

Why should others have to pay for their overzealousness on acquiring the car in the first place?

Back