• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

car is in paint !!!

Looking good! Yeah the eyelids aren't close, but everything else looks GREAT! Congrats! I like the stock spoiler, REALLY like that color! That is ElKy mesh, right?

sorry for the poor quality pics but I did the best I could to hold my camera still while setting it to make the pictures light enough to see. I started at about 3:30 and finished alittle while ago getting my interior back together, and getting the wheels back on. No luck with the side markers as I need to open the whole in the fender up alittle to fit the sidemarker. I still need to really clean the interior also to get all the dust out.

no comments about the front end cover, I use it to protect the paint when driving on the highway, I was test fitting it this afternoon.

DSC03093.JPG

DSC03094.JPG

DSC03095.JPG

DSC03099.JPG

DSC03101.JPG

DSC03103.JPG

DSC03104.JPG

DSC03105.JPG

DSC03106.JPG

DSC03107.JPG

Man,

I know you dropped alot to get the car repainted, but dont get so hung up protecting the paint that you put the bra on or just dont drive the car and enjoy it!

oh, great looking car !

Man,

I know you dropped alot to get the car repainted, but dont get so hung up protecting the paint that you put the bra on or just dont drive the car and enjoy it!

oh, great looking car !

AGREED!'

I have a full SVT bra as well, I chose not to used it because it ruins the beauty of the car IMO.. :shrug:

AGREED!'

I have a full SVT bra as well, I chose not to used it because it ruins the beauty of the car IMO.. :shrug:

ok guys what about not commenting on it don't ya get? I know most don't like em, I don't mind it/like it ... personal preference and as you can see it isn't on there now ...

ok guys what about not commenting on it don't ya get? I know most don't like em, I don't mind it/like it ... personal preference and as you can see it isn't on there now ...

My point was more on the fact that it needs to be driven. Not painted and put into a garage for 90% of the time. Its not an SLR mclaren or uber elite car. Take care of it, clean it, love it, etc. etc. but dont forget to drive the sum*****

My point was more on the fact that it needs to be driven. Not painted and put into a garage for 90% of the time. Its not an SLR mclaren or uber elite car. Take care of it, clean it, love it, etc. etc. but dont forget to drive the sum*****

oh I will drive the car, but I want to make sur ethe paint cures right so I don't want to really drive ot for those first 30 days but at that point it will be the end of november and time to put it away until the spring... I will drive the car to SZ next year, again and to many car shows hopefully

I use the bra on my car any time I do any highway driving - no damage whatsoever to my SVT because of it . My bra on my '95 SE was on it probably 90% of the time - no damage . My brother had his bra on his '95 SE 100% of the time - no damage after 180k miles . Personally , I'd rather have the look of a bra on my SVT once in a while , than stone/junk chips all over the front of my car all of the time :mad: .
Great care must be used when using a front-end bra . If you keep it clean and waxed underneath , and the bra adjusted properly , your paint will be just fine .

Oh yea , the car looks sweet ... daytime pics , please ;) !!

I guess I shouldn't have posted those pics ... this is exactly what I didn't want to happen, people tell me that it doesn't look good it will hurt the paint ... that is why I made the comment about I don't want to hear about it ... its my car and I like how it looks and would prefer to protect my investment end of story, I don't need to hear about it everytime I post pictures of my car with a bra on it.

And I know that it could damage paint if you are not careful ... that is why I am careful and only use it while on the highway, like I have said before ...

oh and to the person who commented about the bad pics, I know that is why I said that first thing in my post that they where crappy :nonono:

I posted the pics because people wanted to see the car back on the FSVT wheels, never fear I will take a few more pics today in the sunlight ...

I use the bra on my car any time I do any highway driving - no damage whatsoever to my SVT because of it . My bra on my '95 SE was on it probably 90% of the time - no damage . My brother had his bra on his '95 SE 100% of the time - no damage after 180k miles . Personally , I'd rather have the look of a bra on my SVT once in a while , than stone/junk chips all over the front of my car all of the time :mad: .
Great care must be used when using a front-end bra . If you keep it clean and waxed underneath , and the bra adjusted properly , your paint will be just fine .

Oh yea , the car looks sweet ... daytime pics , please ;) !!

Correct!

The bra could damage paint if it gets wet, or if there is dirt in between. I use it on the highway because I want to limit the amount of times I have to repaint the front end. I hate rock chips and sand blasting. You'd be amazed at what is kicked up on the highway that you don't see. I don't have a windshield on my motorcycle, and when riding on the highway I can feel all kinds of tiny particles hitting me, but I can't see them. Even when the car in front is at quite a distance. I don't want that $hit blasting the front of MY car, even though its not a "Cool" enough car. I also use clear headlight covers, because we all know how they turn out. Although, the very few photos of my car that are floating around here, you won't see any sitting shots with the bra or headlight covers on. The only bra photos are moving shots, or when we just pull in somewhere I haven't had a chance to remove it.

Your car will look good rolling down the road for a while without a bra, but after a while, it'll look like crap sitting still.

People will always comment on the bra. No matter how fantastic the picture may be. Kind of like when I had the bendy antenna, even if they didn't see it, they'd comment on it. Theres no way around it, if you dont want comments on the bra, then dont post pics of it with it on. Simple as that.

I guess I shouldn't have posted those pics ... this is exactly what I didn't want to happen, people tell me that it doesn't look good it will hurt the paint ... that is why I made the comment about I don't want to hear about it ... its my car and I like how it looks and would prefer to protect my investment end of story, I don't need to hear about it everytime I post pictures of my car with a bra on it.

And I know that it could damage paint if you are not careful ... that is why I am careful and only use it while on the highway, like I have said before ...

oh and to the person who commented about the bad pics, I know that is why I said that first thing in my post that they where crappy :nonono:

I posted the pics because people wanted to see the car back on the FSVT wheels, never fear I will take a few more pics today in the sunlight ...

Just ignore people that don't read thoroughly/understand. That's the main reason why I've been a member for over 6 years and I still have under 1,000 posts. I don't reply to worthless posts. If I start a thread and ask people not to comment on something and they do, its as if they didn't post at all.

By the way, the car looks awesome!! I can see the shine in those pics! She's gonna look wet all the time with Zaino. I think Elky may have to re-christen her now after the make-over!

Right. If a bra is used correctly it can protect properly w/o I'll effects. At this day and age I'd just get the 3M film and not worry about taking the bra on and off all the time. Plus bra's are so 90's. ;)

Back