• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Deer - 1; SVT - 0

That sucks man! I have a door and fender in good shape if you want them for cheap. I will hook you up. Let me know via PM. You can have your insurance company cut you the check for the high estimated value to fix it, buy my fender and door for cheap, get them sprayed, and keep the rest. Just a thought, but I always fix it myself for cheap and have the insurance company pay you. Just a thought. Hopefully all works out. Oh, and I am in MI... not sure if you are in MI or MN with your screen name.

Jeff

God this sucks. The only good thing about this is that the parts that were damaged were ones that werent SVT specific.

Another good thing is that there have been hunters bow hunting in this area of the city. So chances are that the "offender" will get knocked off anyways.:laugh:

But seriously, dude that sucks.

My Mystique is still in recovery from my deer encounter last summer:nonono::blackeye: Your SVT should not be totaled.

the car will be totaled after this morning :cry:

i'll start a thread about it in a little bit after i talk to the insurance company again... :cry:

the car will be totaled after this morning :cry:

i'll start a thread about it in a little bit after i talk to the insurance company again... :cry:

was the A-pilar damage at all? I can't see how a car would be totaled for a fender and a door. what other damage was there?

Ouch. When I was down there wednesday night I saw 3 deer grazing in Pure Pleasures lot. :laugh: Well, them and a fox a little later. I have seen more deer in Hermantown lately than I have seen in the drive between Duluth and here. So I don't know if there are some idiots in town feeding them or what. Get the insurance money, buy it back and "fix" it up. Or sell it Clayton so he can get a SVT finally. :cool: All this right after you get the transmission fixed. DOH! OH yeah, welcome to the deer club (again).

the jack point cover dissapeared about a week ago. yeah, im glad i was alright, but what sucks, is this is the second deer ive hit with this car now in 3 years. and being in the middle of the city just makes me so much more angry! i would understand a bit more if i had been out in the country or something, but this was during rush hour and we were going 30. i was basically stopped when it hit.

May need to reclassify living in the city when BIG BUCK's are roaming the streets:eek:. Sorry about the loss though and the other accident well, I guess you can add it all up as bad start to the winter.

hmmmm I can't remember ever seeing anything bigger than a German Shepard in the streets and I live in the burbs. If a Deer came down the mountains into my area he be on somebody's grill by day break. Thats a week or more of free meat. :laugh: :laugh: or you may see a homeless guy walking around with it on a leash calling it spike.....here spikey spikey.

Back