• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

• Sept 10th thru 13th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 17th thru 20th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two groups should work pretty well for how many cars we should have. When I went with the R32s we split into groups of 4 or 5 and that worked well. It will also help if we all have 2-way radios. Cell phones are pretty worthless out there. Also, Chris make sure you can borrow that V1 again. I got a 9500ix now that is a lot better than the S2 I had last year.

V1 will be in attendance. I don't make long trips without it, dad doesn't mind a bit. He actually just got a GPS too, I'll be taking that as well :cool:

I actually think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on my own V1. It's time.

We can have a group of contour owners and one group of trolls. :)

I'm not sure there's enough of them in attendence to do that:crazy: but its a great idea if were possible. The two way radios are a must and with us having two groups the lead group could radio back to report about anything that awaits them:idea:

Right now, altogether, we've got 17 cars and even if a couple people can't make it, it would be by far the biggest group we've ever had:cool:

Trolls bring up the rear. Otherwise we would get too far ahead. And also since it's a Contour group it's only right Contours lead.

I don't want to be in the lead group....:laugh:

Why not:shrug: You didn't want to be the lead car last year either, what's up:confused: BTW I'm going to put this link over in www.xceedspeed.com site and see how it goes. Now I don't know too many people over there, but I will sure as hell explain how we do things out there, i.e. NO CLOWNS ALLOWED! That being said though, some guys over there complain about driving an hour to a meet, hmm, sounds familar:rolleyes:

I usually drive more than an hour to meets. Some people out here complain if they have to drive more than 15 miles.

I'm a troll so looks like ill be in the back.

The two way radios are a must. I have a set of Motorola talk-a-bout's. I use them at my weekly meets with me local club. Makes life a lot nicer.

Jerry, with you having been a professional instructor and having run the Dragon before, you might wanna be up front:shrug: I actually didn't mind being up front and even with Pete behind me, a noob on the Dragon, he did a great job, so as long as the car behind me is respectful of my/our space, its all good.

im not the best person to be up front. im a little reserved now days. people might get annoyed that i am not going faster. im too scared of tickets. but what ever works out is fine with me. ill have hailey and my wife with me

Proper spacing is the key, aka "common sense", so we'll all be alright out there since last years run was so well done:cool: I've added a link over at www.xceedspeed.com to gauge the interest and it looks pretty good for sure. Even if 1 or 2 of them go its good, but right now it looks like about 5-6 of them are interested so far, but since its 6 monthes out right now things can change, so I'm not holding my breathe but I'm staying positive right now! I will meet up with this group to go over things with them, i.e. rules of the road, how it really is down there, we don't want any clowns, its not about going fast because you really can't per say, so I'll handle that part of it. So far the guys I've met from xceedspeed have been pretty cool, so I don't forsee any issues...stay tuned!

bah, got an email this morning from Google saying they took my video down for copyright infringement. :mad: i guess this year i will have to make sure there are no rattles and i dont talk. lol

One of my vids ended up being me yelling at traffic for 10 minutes (On the Cherohala I think). Road rage captured on tape, story at 11!

If it is the first week of Oct this year...

If it is the first week of Oct this year...

...will those of you who voted for the other weekends be able to make it out still:confused: I'd like an idea of how many people can and will make it out once the voting is done, so those who voted for the "I don't care, I just wanna go", your good. I voted for the early in Sept and I'm good with the 1st weekend in Oct, so I'd like to hear from the others out there, you in:shrug:

As always, I don't care when it is, and I'll show up with something different every year. ;)

What happened to the MS6 Eric:shrug: and what would you drive anyways:confused: Everyone else, the voting is closed as you know and its been decided the first weekend in October is the date, again, so nothing like consistent:cool: Right after SZ is over we'll get our "official" thread going and have at it for the next 5 monthes after that!!!

Thank you to all who voted and remember to let us know, those who voted for other days, if the first weekend in October isn't going to work for you, we just wanna have an idea as to how many this year, its getting pretty big! With the actual date and the "I don't care" votes we've got 12, 3 more than last year and I'm sure we'll pick up a couple more guys/gals for sure!

What happened to the MS6 Eric:shrug: and what would you drive anyways:confused: Everyone else, the voting is closed as you know and its been decided the first weekend in October is the date, again, so nothing like consistent:cool: Right after SZ is over we'll get our "official" thread going and have at it for the next 5 monthes after that!!!

Thank you to all who voted and remember to let us know, those who voted for other days, if the first weekend in October isn't going to work for you, we just wanna have an idea as to how many this year, its getting pretty big! With the actual date and the "I don't care" votes we've got 12, 3 more than last year and I'm sure we'll pick up a couple more guys/gals for sure!

13! Don't forget me. A while back I posted that I was switching my vote.

Back