• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lets start a "lets see that engine bay" thread

I have 2.5" all the way back I cut the down pipe about 3-4" and put a flex pipe on it. works fine for now until I weld some.

What turbo do you have running on your contour?

currently -
P5080040.jpg

still have a few more things to install and some shinny adjustable cam gears

I have 2.5" all the way back I cut the down pipe about 3-4" and put a flex pipe on it. works fine for now until I weld some.

What turbo do you have running on your contour?
i want to see pictures of how you fitted the focus downpipe to the contique.

im running a T3 Super 60 at 10PSI set with a tial 35mm wastegate, front mount intercooler, and HKS BOV.

Ok, I'll pm you some pictures when I get to my house. Tbh, the down pipe wasn't that hard to fit.

Yeah, I guess I'll up my boost to match your turbo. I didn't have the money for a better kit. I had to go with a cheap one, but its still does the job.

Guys... its so he can cook pizza rolls and not get his intake [tube] dirty.

Edit : You know that was the funniest thing you have ever heard. Anything suggesting otherwise is a lie.

Last edited:
devan..not sure what's up w/that? its taking in hot air,so whats it matter that the intake pipe is hot too?:laugh:

Guys... its so he can cook pizza rolls and not get his intake [tube] dirty.

Edit : You know that was the funniest thing you have ever heard. Anything suggesting otherwise is a lie.

lol awsome.

just because i dont know, have you turbo zetec guys ran at the 1/4 or anything? if so what were your times?

lol awsome.

just because i dont know, have you turbo zetec guys ran at the 1/4 or anything? if so what were your times?
I havent run the 1/4 yet but according to calculations it should be in the high 13s. we will see in a few weeks at SZ.

joncsfreak said:
so jw, how many people have a turbo on their zetec? just me and striker2?
there is one other turbo zetec guy on here. i think his SN his ford zetec2. hes not on here much and he never seems to listen to us (Hector, Ben, and myself) when we try to give him tips about tuning his car (like installing larger than stock injectors :nonono:).

edit: Jon, wheres those pictures you said you would get me? :D:D

I havent run the 1/4 yet but according to calculations it should be in the high 13s. we will see in a few weeks at SZ.

I'm excited to see, my room mate is adamant that modifying a zetec is the way to go with this platform, and while i dont think thats entirely true, I'd love to see some fast zetecs.

i agree w/your roommate. idealy i'd love to sell my tour and get a zetec/mtx cougar and turbo it.

I'm excited to see, my room mate is adamant that modifying a zetec is the way to go with this platform, and while i dont think thats entirely true, I'd love to see some fast zetecs.

Is he taht guy with the mismatching hood and splitter on his stock pre-98 front end?

i agree w/your roommate. idealy i'd love to sell my tour and get a zetec/mtx cougar and turbo it.
yeah, the lower torque down low helps on the launch in this platform. so while the V6 guys are spinning tires im already moving and into boost with only minimal tire spin.

Back