• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my 98

omg 350 hp:laugh:

Engine:---Rebuilt 302 still has break-in oil inside, E-cam, ported E7s, Explorer gt40 Intake and 65mm throttle body. Mass air conversion w/ a9p computer,K&N cone filter,155 fuel pump.

Drivetrain---93 Cobra clutch,Adj clutch cable and quadrant 3.73s out back with complete rear end rebuilt,poly trans mount

Exhaust: Hooker shorty Headers, 2.5 catback with 2-chamber flows.

Brakes/suspension--89 front brakes with Tokico struts, New Sway bar bushings.

200hp at the flywheel = 150 at the wheels. Mismatched stock 14 inch wheels with what I dont remember exactly that would have been 205/75R14. That isnt gonna be able to put as much power to the ground as even a Contour SE's stock wheel and tire setup with 15" aluminum wheels.

Hooker headers? Look to me like he has a stock manifold from the picture. Sounds like it too. Dont know what the flowmaster exhaust is all about, thats definitely straight pipe duals. Definately stock timing. Sounds exactly like 10 degrees BTDC. Now if you are running the cams that you say you are, on stock cam timing, I guess that would probably be a good thing, since you would be on nothing but premium with any further advanced timing. But doesnt sound like you are running a different cam. IDK I could be wrong, I have only heard hundreds of 5.0s, maybe bagged will check back in and give his opinion on the exhaust clip from your other thread

Exhaust clip

Anyways, even if he was completely honest about mods, I would guarantee that that mustang aint making more than 220 at the crank. You need a much more agressive cam than that, you better have opened up those valves a bit more, and you need to bore that, possibly stroke it to see numbers like 350. But we all know that you didnt do it, cause it says right on your cardomain how its freshly rebuilt. I know you didnt tear it down and redo it since. Although the "fresh rebuild" pics are from before you painted your POS, so I guess that means that rebuild is over a year old. I wonder why you wouldnt have updated your cardomain on the second rebuild in a year and a half???? Now moving on to more of reality. Stock ignition, although I guess you could have changed it in the year since those pics were taken, but once again you didnt. Why dont you post a recent pic of your engine bay? You took pictures after the repaint, but I dont see a single one of the engine since your repaint. What that says to me from someone who like whoring their mustang as much as you, is that you HAVENT changed a thing about the motor since those pictures.

You don't know how i drive. Im wasting space on this site you are the ones that all ways start :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Mustang is not super powaful but has some power. And i did the mods not the other guy

Oh yeah. I know how you drive. You are 19 driving cars your daddy bought. I know exactly how you drive. I can state unequivically you have never been on any SCCA courses. You hang out with your friends quoting snippets from the fast and the furious so you can say you are a racer. You tell them about how you always remember to "double clutch" and you probably talk about your plans to put in NAWZ. You swerve into traffic violently because you think that will make you look like you are idk, a racer or something. Your cardomain was last updated in december, so I hope you arent going to tell us about how you have put on SO much crap in the last couple months. Your from michigan so I doubt it, especially if your broke ass can only afford one rotor at a time. Furthermore, you did start it remember? Someone commented they didnt like your mustang (SUCK IT UP) they said they didnt like 4 eyes, then you started saying how your mustang was faster than anything on these forums. I even put up with reading your crap over the last few days figured it was good for a few laughs, then I realized that your stupidity really knew no bounds and you need a good PWNING from someone who knows mustangs.

Here is a good idea, why dont you take up that free dyno time offer? You might learn a little something about your car. Hell you should even have a nice chance to make a few changes and pull some extra ponies out of that car. Dont think about it as you are gonna embarass yourself in front of all these people who you have been bragging your car up to. We all already know you are full of :censored::censored::censored::censored:. Look at it as a chance to come clean, earn back some respectability, and learn a few things.

You want to prove me wrong? Post up some pics and talk about your mystery mods. Otherwise quit being so useless and blaming others for how messed up you made your car. Clean it up and take care of it right or get rid of it and quit ruining stuff your daddy bought you. You dont need to lie about your car to look cool, everyone here knows what it is like not having a lot of money for modding and trying to scrape together whatever you can. You are gonna get a lot more respect for trying than you are gonna get for lying.

BTW love the PHOTOSHOP. MSPaint is not photoshop just so you know, photoshop is the actual name of a piece of picture editing software.

You can build 12 sec Mustangs with near stock components, You can also pull the wheels on said cars.

EvansCar8x10screen.jpg

launch.jpg

:laugh:

However, Having them look good is one of the criteria. :blackeye:

Yea i'm not on CD much. i never update anything on there.

no you still dont know how i drive. I bought all my cars in full from me just took a little loan off my dad for the svt which has been paid back by 3 months after i bought the svt

you can push mustang 5.0 stock blocks pretty extreme.

The car is at least 300 To the crank. I'm not saying my car is fast but faster than most cars on this site I have heard of 1 Contour going 12's

And i just threw those rims on there because the had the best tires and i needed to drive it for a wile

200hp at the flywheel = 150 at the wheels. Mismatched stock 14 inch wheels with what I dont remember exactly that would have been 205/75R14. That isnt gonna be able to put as much power to the ground as even a Contour SE's stock wheel and tire setup with 15" aluminum wheels.

Hooker headers? Look to me like he has a stock manifold from the picture. Sounds like it too. Dont know what the flowmaster exhaust is all about, thats definitely straight pipe duals. Definately stock timing. Sounds exactly like 10 degrees BTDC. Now if you are running the cams that you say you are, on stock cam timing, I guess that would probably be a good thing, since you would be on nothing but premium with any further advanced timing. But doesnt sound like you are running a different cam. IDK I could be wrong, I have only heard hundreds of 5.0s, maybe bagged will check back in and give his opinion on the exhaust clip from your other thread

Anyways, even if he was completely honest about mods, I would guarantee that that mustang aint making more than 220 at the crank. You need a much more agressive cam than that, you better have opened up those valves a bit more, and you need to bore that, possibly stroke it to see numbers like 350. But we all know that you didnt do it, cause it says right on your cardomain how its freshly rebuilt. I know you didnt tear it down and redo it since. Although the "fresh rebuild" pics are from before you painted your POS, so I guess that means that rebuild is over a year old. I wonder why you wouldnt have updated your cardomain on the second rebuild in a year and a half???? Now moving on to more of reality. Stock ignition, although I guess you could have changed it in the year since those pics were taken, but once again you didnt. Why dont you post a recent pic of your engine bay? You took pictures after the repaint, but I dont see a single one of the engine since your repaint. What that says to me from someone who like whoring their mustang as much as you, is that you HAVENT changed a thing about the motor since those pictures.

Oh yeah. I know how you drive. You are 19 driving cars your daddy bought. I know exactly how you drive. I can state unequivically you have never been on any SCCA courses. You hang out with your friends quoting snippets from the fast and the furious so you can say you are a racer. You tell them about how you always remember to "double clutch" and you probably talk about your plans to put in NAWZ. You swerve into traffic violently because you think that will make you look like you are idk, a racer or something. Your cardomain was last updated in december, so I hope you arent going to tell us about how you have put on SO much crap in the last couple months. Your from michigan so I doubt it, especially if your broke ass can only afford one rotor at a time. Furthermore, you did start it remember? Someone commented they didnt like your mustang (SUCK IT UP) they said they didnt like 4 eyes, then you started saying how your mustang was faster than anything on these forums. I even put up with reading your crap over the last few days figured it was good for a few laughs, then I realized that your stupidity really knew no bounds and you need a good PWNING from someone who knows mustangs.

Here is a good idea, why dont you take up that free dyno time offer? You might learn a little something about your car. Hell you should even have a nice chance to make a few changes and pull some extra ponies out of that car. Dont think about it as you are gonna embarass yourself in front of all these people who you have been bragging your car up to. We all already know you are full of :censored::censored::censored::censored:. Look at it as a chance to come clean, earn back some respectability, and learn a few things.

You want to prove me wrong? Post up some pics and talk about your mystery mods. Otherwise quit being so useless and blaming others for how messed up you made your car. Clean it up and take care of it right or get rid of it and quit ruining stuff your daddy bought you. You dont need to lie about your car to look cool, everyone here knows what it is like not having a lot of money for modding and trying to scrape together whatever you can. You are gonna get a lot more respect for trying than you are gonna get for lying.

BTW love the PHOTOSHOP. MSPaint is not photoshop just so you know, photoshop is the actual name of a piece of picture editing software.

I use photoshop all the time. No im not like fast and the ferious i HATE nos i will not use it.

I could afford 2 rotors if i wanted to but i do not see the point you guys think its a big deal I don't. I'm not lying about any of my cars Yea i think its fast but not the fastes(SP?)

I'm not blaming people for my cars being messed up. If i did it i would say i did

Rims are 16's idk what size tires i could care less at this moment

double clutch i have done once.

I do not serve thru traffic thats one of the stupid's things i have heard and see people do.

Yes i know people can beat the mustang but 1...1 contour in the 12's WTF yea that one would beat me.

I wont drive the mustang this time of the year even if i wanted to i can't.

seeing as this is how it sits right now
100_0123.jpg

Don;t like my mustang idc alot of people don't cuz its a four eye i like it thats all that matters to me

So with 300 crank, you're at the best 264rwhp, and that's using a very optimistic 12% drivetrain loss.

So at a dragstrip, yes you could probably get to 12's with traction and a good 60' but on a road course against a contour making similar power, you'd probably fall behind. Fox body stangs are not made to handle at all.

yeah i had a '88 with an e cam and you could tell it had a different cam,you could hear it in the idle...can't really tell listening on my comp. but you should be able to hear a huge difference in idle if it indeed does have an ecam......

also the main differences in the '86 motor were in the heads and intake...in '87 the heads were changed to the e7 truck heads,and a freer flowing intake...so giving him the benefit of the doubt, a well ported set of e7 heads will definitely add some power,as would the explorer intake(which is very similiar)to a cast cobra intake,and the e cam...if his car does ACTUALLY have these mods,including rear gears, his car ,ugly or not, would easily outrun a stock,or modified 2.5l svt ON THE DRAG STRIP.......whether these mods are actually on the car remains to be seen...

i too have owned at least 6 different fox bodies,and 2 sn95's, all modded...i had an '88 gt with similiar mods(to his SUPPOSED mods)and it ran 12.70's....my car had the e-cam,highly worked e7 heads,cobra intake,65mm tb,76mm mass air(converted with computer etc. from a '93),had bypassed smog pump,k+n(removed silencer),short shifter,off road h pipe,flowmasters,and 3.73 gears......my point is it doesn't take alot of crazy mods,to make a fox body fast....and if his car DID have the CLAIMED mods, most of you without 3l's would lose to his car in 1/4 mile race...but whether he has these mods remains to be seen,i am highly skeptical.....wish i could hear better on this sorry comp. i could tell you by the idle if it has the ecam or not...it would definitely have a very lumpy,and powerful sound to the idle...

btw i owned my '98 svt at the time my wife had her '94 5 speed mustang...mostly stock besides gears,k+n,mufflers,and it killed my svt from a dead stop,and would still berely take it from a roll,given more room my svt would have eventually passed it..her car ran 14.6 if iirc the one time i took it to the track...but from what i can tell this kid may be all talk about his car...maybe he will put up or shut up and actually run one of you guys,but i wouldn't hold my breath lol...

he didnt do any headwork, unless he has done it in the last couple months.

Yea i'm not on CD much. i never update anything on there.

you updated it in december.

you can push mustang 5.0 stock blocks pretty extreme.

not with just an intake and exhaust.

The car is at least 300 To the crank. I'm not saying my car is fast but faster than most cars on this site I have heard of 1 Contour going 12's

I still want to know where his supposed 300 at the crank is coming from. Has this car been on a dyno? Seriously, tell me what is making that motor make 300 at the crank, what have you done to get that extra 100 hp. BTW regardless of how you drive it doesnt really matter. My point is I am a much more experienced driver than you both on the street and the track, and I am still willing to bet you drive like 19 year old kid who wants to impress his friends.

And i just threw those rims on there because the had the best tires and i needed to drive it for a wile

Those are bald 14s or 15s on that car in the last pic you posted. If those are the best tires you have, then what is on your 16s? some shredded pieces of a sidewall?

i too have owned at least 6 different fox bodies,and 2 sn95's, all modded...i had an '88 gt with similiar mods(to his SUPPOSED mods)and it ran 12.70's....my car had the e-cam,highly worked e7 heads,cobra intake,65mm tb,76mm mass air(converted with computer etc. from a '93),had bypassed smog pump,k+n(removed silencer),short shifter,off road h pipe,flowmasters,and 3.73 gears......my point is it doesn't take alot of crazy mods,to make a fox body fast....and if his car DID have the CLAIMED mods, most of you without 3l's would lose to his car in 1/4 mile race...but whether he has these mods remains to be seen,i am highly skeptical.....wish i could hear better on this sorry comp. i could tell you by the idle if it has the ecam or not...it would definitely have a very lumpy,and powerful sound to the idle...

Yeah I know, look back at my last post to hear his idle. You'll hear it, stock cam. A good porting job into those heads and oversized valves solid lifters and roller rockers, and those really start to come alive with that e-cam. 2.5 duals with an H and a pair of flowmasters or similar performance muffler after it, and suck the air in through a free flowing intake setup, I'd say that stang your talking about was probably good for 260-280, as long as you are dead on with the timing. Yeah that would beat most of the cars on here no problem, but thats mostly due to the weight difference. High 12s are believable. But yeah go back a few posts and listen to his exhaust clip. Thats a stock cam. E-cam even on stock timing sounds like a harley, potatoe potatoe potatoe. You know the sound I am talking about.

I'm not blaming people for my cars being messed up. If i did it i would say i did
No Ford did not cause this problem
Thats what i found when i took apart the hvac controls to see why my low/hi would jump around
The black and white arcked them self and melted together

but.... you did.

Like I said buddy boy, lets see some engine bay pics. You dont have to BS us to get respect around here, honest effort is worth as much as end result around here. I didnt say there was anything wrong with your mustang for being a 4 eyes, as long as you like it its all good. I was saying you started this crap when you got pissed cause someone said they didnt like your mustang. Come on though, it aint like anyone here is asking for anything very difficult. I asked for some pics of your engine bay, and me and a few other people have asked to hear about your mystery mods. Dont BS.

And im sorry i dont have the money right now to replace both rotors at the moment. Sorry i don't had a job the pays me good or that i can get hours in. I working with little money and i'm just keeping the car to where i can Drive it daily. Thats all i need it for now. One day all the little :censored::censored::censored::censored: will be fixed. (spring)

I could afford 2 rotors if i wanted to but i do not see the point you guys think its a big deal I don't. I'm not lying about any of my cars Yea i think its fast but not the fastes(SP?)

first off, way to contradict what you said earlier.
second, you really don't know how to spell fastest?

e-303
gt40 heads intake
hooker headers h pipe 40's
4.10's
needs a tune.
65mm throttle body
89gt block
ported E7s

i just posted the newest pic i had

26256160002_medium.jpg
yes old but all i have

Yeah I know, look back at my last post to hear his idle. You'll hear it, stock cam. A good porting job into those heads and oversized valves solid lifters and roller rockers, and those really start to come alive with that e-cam. 2.5 duals with an H and a pair of flowmasters or similar performance muffler after it, and suck the air in through a free flowing intake setup, I'd say that stang your talking about was probably good for 260-280, as long as you are dead on with the timing. Yeah that would beat most of the cars on here no problem, but thats mostly due to the weight difference. High 12s are believable. But yeah go back a few posts and listen to his exhaust clip. Thats a stock cam. E-cam even on stock timing sounds like a harley, potatoe potatoe potatoe. You know the sound I am talking about.

yeah my car with the ecam thumped hard,you could feel it in the car,and it was obvious it wasn't stock as soon as it fired up...i couldn't hear in the clip very well as my desktop speakers are shot....after hearing it on my laptop it doesn't sound anything like mine did...i don't know how many comments i got sitting at redlights...

yeah my car with the ecam thumped hard,you could feel it in the car,and it was obvious it wasn't stock as soon as it fired up...i couldn't hear in the clip very well as my desktop speakers are shot....after hearing it on my laptop it doesn't sound anything like mine did...i don't know how many comments i got sitting at redlights...

You can hear it in person and fell it. Idk why but my camera's don't seem to pick it up well Next time i start it i will try with my new camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life
No Ford did not cause this problem
Thats what i found when i took apart the hvac controls to see why my low/hi would jump around
The black and white arcked them self and melted together

but.... you did.
Yes i did. Because that was not that way from ford and i did not do it Yes there needs to be blame on that. Why you you use the gauge wire with that smaller gauge wire and use tape to cover them WTF that is a hazzard and i am glad i caught that because if we didn't they car could have caught on fire. :censored::censored::censored::censored: like that needs butt connectors and not loosely taped together to where the can arck

You can hear it in person and fell it. Idk why but my camera's don't seem to pick it up well Next time i start it i will try with my new camera.

Yes i did. Because that was not that way from ford and i did not do it Yes there needs to be blame on that. Why you you use the gauge wire with that smaller gauge wire and use tape to cover them WTF that is a hazzard and i am glad i caught that because if we didn't they car could have caught on fire. :censored::censored::censored::censored: like that needs butt connectors and not loosely taped together to where the can arck

Butt connectors?

Do you know why its like that? Becuase you wern't the only one who was cheap. That car had a relocated HVAC, double din radio etc etc. And I hate to break it to you. but the wiring I used is a large gauge wire than what was stock.

I have pics of the relocation. Many pics.

I usually solder :shrug:. Butt connectors are for cheap fixes, and quick repairs. They are fine for something like a stereo, but anyways.... The wiring there looked plenty heavy for HVAC controls. You know what you should have done, if you couldnt afford it with that nice double din DVD(AVIC?) then you should have just bought a cheap double din stereo to replace it and left it the way it was modified. stock wiring to the HVAC controls are one 12 gauge wire a few 14 gauge wires and some 18 gauge wires. Thats a whole lot of 10 and 14 gauge wire from what I saw in that pic. If you are gonna accuse Steeda of anything, you should be accusing him of overengineering his wire extensions (being overly cautious). If that wiring melted, it has nothing to do with the type of wire used. You dont have to worry about a fire though, you would blow fuses long before those wires burned.

I am not talking about the thump when I say that doesnt sound like a 5.0 with an ecam. That sounds like a 5.0 on straight pipes with a stock cam and timing. There is a melody(best word I can think of to describe it) to the exhaust, and that is unmistakenly stock 5.0, which dont get me wrong, is a beautiful sound, but definately not an agressive aftermarket cam. Trust me, when you have heard enough 5.0s you can time them without a light and tell a stock from an aftermarket cam.

Thanks though for posting your mods.... how have your heads been ported? Gimme some numbers. Kinda strange how you added an H-pipe to your mod list after chris and I mentioned it Anyways, all things considered, if you are being honest, you are probably running mid to high 13s in the quarter maybe with those mods, your advantage of course would be weight. So if you are being honest, I would probably lose in a quarter assuming you know how to shift and launch.... You would still definately lose in a road course, so yeah, still not the fastest car on CEG. I can still guarantee you are under 250 hp though.... Take your car to a dyno and get a tune, you're gonna see real quick that you are really overestimating that car. You might have noticed on my CD I dont have any HP figures posted, well thats cause I refuse to "estimate" horsepower and come out looking stupid. I will wait till this summer, hit a tuner meet in sioux falls and have my contour get laughed at when I get to the dyno, but at least I wont post a stupid figure on CD.... Seriously, either remove 100 hp from the number on your CD or remove the Horsepower rating that you guessed at. Of course this is all if you are being honest... Your gonna need a bit more into your motor than a cam and a few bolt ons to hit 300

Now before I let you off the hook, I want to ask you a couple questions Why do you say you have GT40 heads and intake, then say you have ported E7s as well? Is that the rare double V8 that uses 4 heads? or you just got one of each head? Tell me seriously... Are you just reading mods other people have and then listing those? Also why does it say on your CD 3.73s with a complete rear end build and on here you are saying you are running 4.10s? Did you decide since december that a 3.73 was a poor choice of rear ends and you just chucked your newly rebuilt rearend? That intake manifold is a 5.0 HO probably out of a F150 or explorer so where are you getting GT40 anyways? The plaque on a GT40 intake is wayyy different. Why even lie about that? I would swap a 5.0 HO intake manifold on, its a cheap and effective swap. I think what you are thinking is the GT40P heads that ford racing offered, but you dont have those if you are using "ported E7s" which are the stock heads that came with your 86 GT. Im really starting to get a feeling that you bought it like that.

Not to start a pissing contest with you FunInNorthDakota, because I agree with everything you said about the Fox, but what exactly do you have in your Contour to make it into the 13's? I looked at your car domain, and I see exhaust and a body kit. I have a fairly modded 3L and the best the previous owner ever managed with it was a 14.2 with 206 WHP and 198 WTQ at the time. 13's take a lot of mods in an N/A Contour.

Back