• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official '09 Dragon Run pics thread

I guess if you're going to blow up a motor, might as well blow it up good! Dang what mess that thing is, sorry man!!! I should have my pics posted up sometime this week!

since you cant see past the windage tray, i unbolted it and after prying it off the studs (yes it was bent and wedged onto the studs) i see more parts.
101_0742.jpg

Impressive. I have never really inspected an engine which failed catastrophically.

Is that a piston ring? Is it common for a ring to be blown right out of the groove and into the oil pan?

I guess if the force is strong enough to blow the big end of a connecting rod through the block then it can blow a ring out of the groove. Still, it is impressive.

-Tim-

Ill get my pics up ASAP. I spend allot of time behind a steering wheel making money so ill get to them when I have time.

Nice pics so far. I can't wait to see more.

killboy pics are up.

Saturday page 7 has a black SVT.

Saturday pages 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24 and 25

zee photo is up

10-03-09 Deals Gap-Sunset II 10/3/2009 - A few turns south of MM 6 from 1pm to 6pm.

pages 1, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 22, and 25

TailoftheDragon09035.jpg

TailoftheDragon09036.jpg

That's all I took. I was a little half ass because I know Jerry's got some good pics (no pressure).
Here are two the girls took. They found a sweet ride on the skyway.:laugh:

TailoftheDragon09055.jpg

TailoftheDragon09056.jpg

My fave part of Mike's STI. Braking power so hard it felt like my nose was going to come flying off.
IMG_1822.jpg

My cabinmate. Well, one of them at least. See him flipping me off?
IMG_1824.jpg

Field of the Wood - recommened by Dixie on my way down to Atlanta on Sunday morning. It was... strange.
IMG_1827.jpg

Looking down from the top of the 10 Commandment Mountain.
IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

Back