• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aftermarket steering wheel pic request

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
I want to see some different steering wheels people have in their tours I bought a momo hub and am trying to figure out what wheel to get. Don't want a Grant. Looking at momo and isotta etc..... Show me what ya got!!!!!

I loved the stock steering wheel on the contour, i thought it was the perfect size. I dont know why you would even swap it unless your running a full cage+racing seat etc..

Looking for something new, trying to spice up the interior a little more. I want to see some pics though

i don't think it technically legal to remove an airbag from a car that is equipped with one, might want to check that out first before removing it.

yeah but there is no aftermarket wheel that matches well with the inside of the contour. they all look out of place and are always smaller than the stalk behind the wheel.

only wheel swap i ever saw that looked good was someone got a mondeo wheel or something...

Do you like the Evo MOMO steering wheel? Seen a few on Ebay and such. Don't know if it would work, but if it is cheap...

picture.JPG

other issue, insurance, most companies if/when they find out you no longer have a drivers air bag, will drop/won't insure you

IIRC, it's a Focus hub from MOMO that will work on our cars.

I have a custom billet hub and MOMO steering wheel that I use for shows (when I did show my car). It was made before MOMO made the Focus hub.

Back