• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*New* Aluminum Sill GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright guys here is what you asked for...

Aluminum sills with "SVT Contour" cut through the aluminum. These will be going for $15 a kit, which includes shipping.

contoursillcq4.jpg

Also CUSTOM build number sill plates WILL BE availableto go on the rear doors for $20 a kit. I'm thinking we should have something more then just, for example, #49 on the rear sill. Maybe something like "Build # 49/6535" or what have you. Any ideas on this part would be appreciated. However I don't want to take forever on getting this going as what happened in the other interest check. As I want this GB finalized by the start of next week if possible.

Here is the email I received...

Jason said:
I'd be able to sell them for $15.00 per kit shipping included. These are VERY NICE...nothing like the other peoples cheap imitation metal sills.

I can do the custom build numbers as well. They would cost $20.00 each kit though. It takes time to create the cut files for each.

Jason

ill start the list. just one thing who i call to get my build # again?

Q: How do I get my production number / SVT certificate?
A: You need the last 6 digits of your VIN# and call 1-800-FORD-SVT. It will cost ~$20-30 to get the certificate.

Also would it be possible to get one that just says Contour or Ford Contour for us non-svt people?

Also would it be possible to get one that just says Contour or Ford Contour for us non-svt people?

+1 i really want some but i dont have an SVT. even if its also $20 per set its still a good deal for those of us without an SVT.

+1 i really want some but i dont have an SVT. even if its also $20 per set its still a good deal for those of us without an SVT.

yeah $20 for a few more lets, ie Ford and not SVT isn't bad, how much would it be for rears if they are blank?

could you do SeVT? think there are a few of use that would want that also

1. Trhlz1222 front and back
2. brapple F&B (#2137 of 2150)
3. icysvt F&B (#844 of 6535)

yeah $20 for a few more lets, ie Ford and not SVT isn't bad, how much would it be for rears if they are blank?

could you do SeVT? think there are a few of use that would want that also

+1

also could you do anything other then build numbers for the rear?

4. KyleQ F&B (#131 of 2150)

Two questions:

1. How will they be fastened? Peel and stick or ???

2. I already have Focus SVT sills on the front. Anybody know how big a deal it'll be to try and remove them? They've been there for at least 3 years and haven't moved at all. They were peel and stick.

5. alien_yet_familiar front and back (#988 of 6535)

I'm checking to see if he can make these sill plates for us with just the word "Contour" for those of you who do not have SVT models.

The sills will go on with an adhesive back. Just peel off the sheet and apply the sill plate where you want it.

I'm also working on how to put the rear sills together so that it will read nicely. When I get this figured out I talked with the supplier and he will send me my set so that I can test fit it and provide feedback for everyone.

That said we need to agree on a layout for the rear sills. Here are a few options I have thought up. If you have something else in mind add it to the options below. The numbers will be in the Saleen font and SVT will be the same font as the front sill. I personally wouldn't mind the layout of option 1.

1. Build #49
2. Build #49/6535
4. SVT #49
5. SVT #49/6535

Does it matter (in cost) how much text is on the rear sill? How much text can actually fit on the rear sill?

Last edited:
6. dacker - front only

6. dacker - front only
7. TeamSVTour - rear only (SVT #4887)

I like option #4 the best. Personally I don't care how many others were made when it comes to personalizing my SVT. I would like just having my # and that's all. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back