• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*New* Aluminum Sill GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats not a comforting feeling. if you are experiencing this now, I would hate to think what they may pull once you've placed the order and paid for it.

Yea tell me about it. Well icefury did warn me that his order took about 2 weeks to get to him, which is rather odd for such a small part, unless he makes them once they are ordered. I've been watching the guys feedback on eBay and he really hasn't received a lot of negative feedback.

I don't know. The guy was so up front and willing to help us out on this from the get go. Now that we have almost everything in place he dropped off a cliff. Just wierd.

well... i guess it's best he "dropped of a cliff" now rather than after the money has changed hands :shrug:

well... i guess it's best he "dropped of a cliff" now rather than after the money has changed hands :shrug:

Yea... I would just like to know what happened, if anything.

Well if everyone is still in on this I will go talk to some local fabricators and see if they can make these for us. It is possible that I can have these made at work, but it would be a long shot at best. I'll keep you guys posted.

Everyone I'm waiting from a few local places on quotes. So we'll see what they have to say.

With that said I received this email the other day:

Jason said:
I DO APOLOGIZE,THINGS HAVE BEEN SO CRAZY BUSY AROUND HERE.I HAD SOMEONE HELPING ME ANSWER EMAILS AND I GUESS THEY WERE NOT DOING THEIR JOB.PLEASE,WHAT DO YOU NEED?ARE THE ALL GOING TO BE THE SAME?I PROMISE WHEN YOU EMAIL ME BACK WITH THE INFORMATION YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE FROM ME.

JASON

So what do you think do we give this guy another shot?

So what do you think do we give this guy another shot?

hmm.. I'm torn, while I would be leary of giving him a second chance, I do understand that things come up and if he had someone that was "helping" him, it's not entirely his fault.

Tough call

well, I don't see myself getting in on this group buy due to other things I am working on with the car but here is my $.02....

if I were in on this group buy, it would be a deal breaker if you went with this guy. I agree things come up and he "supposedly" had someone helping him, but does anyone know this guy personally? Is he local? If not, you cant trust what he is saying. Maybe he is genuine or maybe he's shady, no one really know so it's not a risk I'd take. Maybe I'm a bit jaded because of being burned before by people on other forums but those were lessons learned.

Now maybe one order is one thing, but an order of 10+ would be a sizable amount and I wouldn't want to be the one feeling guilty for choosing someone who ripped everyone off.

Again, this is just my $.02

I agree if we have a local shop make the sills we will have more security in the deal. Local place will not try to take our money and run as some guy on the internet. Even if it cost more to get made we at least know it will happen and not get ripped off.

I saw a pic of someones rear sills with build number i thought i missed out and was not happy. But it looks like it still going on.

Sills

Sills

I have these installed on my front door sills on my SVT check out my cardomain page for pics...Click on link from my signature, they are pretty nice for price, and I had considered painting a different color under them to make the cutouts stand out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back