• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A few pictures from the fog

Legendecko87

CEG'er
Fog rolled into the Seattle area, so I decided to take a few snapshots.

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Cool! What headlights are those? I'm likin' the sharp cutoff. :cool:

They are Hella D2S E55 3" Projectors, retrofitted into normal reflectors.

Sharp cutoff? HA, they are still fresnel len's, so they're not sharp, but lets some light bleed above for street signs.

I can help anybody do that if they want.

They are Hella D2S E55 3" Projectors, retrofitted into normal reflectors.

Sharp cutoff? HA, they are still fresnel len's, so they're not sharp, but lets some light bleed above for street signs.

I can help anybody do that if they want.

How much did the project cost? I really like it!

Thanks,
Nick

How much did the project cost? I really like it!

Thanks,
Nick

I had the bulbs, ballasts, and projectors from a previous project, so.. nothing? Before that it was 50 for HIDs, and 90 for the projectors. Other then that, it took all the original hardware

Yuppp. OEM FTW. I don't want no Ebay stuff. On my Volvo I bought some Ebay projectors to instantly take them out for actual OEM E55 Bi-Xenons.

I think on my intro thread they're on there somewhere.

0825091839.jpg

0825091853.jpg

If anybody wants to do them I'll be more then welcome to lend a hand.

Wow. Something electrically related, and neither Aussie nor Groovenerd yet have them on their contours. Whodathunkit?

So about how long did it take you to make them? From start to finish? Looks like you took your time to cut the hole for the projector.....

Impressive!! It took me longer to hightower mine possibly. Any hints as from where to order projectors? Seriously, you should do a how to :cool:

I didn't take any pictures, or else I would.

As for projectors, there are many places to get them. If anybody would want some help here in the NW area, I can help and we can compose a How-To.

I order my projectors from a guy on ebay, I pick them up in person to save a load on shipping.

The retrofit source has some GREAT projectors! FX35s are good, TL Bi-Xenons, there are a lot of them that are good. I personally like Bi-Xenon as you get both the Hi-Beam/Low-Beam function.

I can help buy some in person if they would want to send me money. As for bulbs, I reccomend Phillips 85122 OEM Bulbs. I can get a hold of them for 45 for the pair. Ballasts can be ordered from VVME.com.

Back