• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Voodoo shift knob official GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
what holiday was it:confused:

Columbus Day, but only banks, schools and government got off. All us regular Joes had to work.

And my mailman came good and early today with my Voodoo in his hand. Spun finish knob on my CSVT already, sweet. Thanks Trey! Now I have two Voodoo black textured knobs to sell. Once you go spun finish you never go back, or wait I think I said that backwards, haha

Now I have an excuse to buy the matching pedals, heel guard, door sills, etc. Does it ever end?

I still had class ... :( Probably one of our last really nice days of the year and I was stuck sittin in class, staring outside...

On the bright side, got the shift knob today. Looks absolutely GORGEOUS! I didn't want to touch it and get finger prints all over it. So far I like it... Thanks again icy!

well I received mine as well. thanks icy, looks fantastic!

[I was complaining the other day that my roush pedal covers were cold as hell... as I usually drive barefoot. so after he saw the knob he was like "just in time for winter"]

From the sounds of things when my Air Force TDY to Tampa ends tomorrow and I am forced to return to lovely northern Indiana there will be something to look forward to. The feedback is very encouraging.

I didn't buy one from the group buy directly, but Newsvt hooked me up with his PB Voodoo yesturday. Shizzam! Looks really good, Icy. The only thing I could say I wish was different was the lack of weight. I always liked a heavy knob, lol. Still, it's defiantley a nice add to the interior.

I didn't buy one from the group buy directly, but Newsvt hooked me up with his PB Voodoo yesturday. Shizzam! Looks really good, Icy. The only thing I could say I wish was different was the lack of weight. I always liked a heavy knob, lol. Still, it's defiantley a nice add to the interior.

Voodoo does make a much heavier knob. It is made out of titanium instead of aluminum. Cost is about $200 though, ouch!!

got mine yesterday and very happy with it!!!! but i learned the hard way don't leave the PB ones in the sun for a long time.....:blackeye: i guess it is time to get a little rag to throw over it when i go to work!!!

got mine yesterday and very happy with it!!!! but i learned the hard way don't leave the PB ones in the sun for a long time.....:blackeye: i guess it is time to get a little rag to throw over it when i go to work!!!

Ha! That is why I went with the silver... and it matches my pedals and stuff. My thing is that is really retains the heat... or the damn cold :crazy: This morning the car was nice and warm but when it felt like I was gripping death when shifting gears...

Totally love it though...

Ha! That is why I went with the silver... and it matches my pedals and stuff. My thing is that is really retains the heat... or the damn cold :crazy: This morning the car was nice and warm but when it felt like I was gripping death when shifting gears...

Totally love it though...

And that is why I am selling mine! :laugh:

Well I don't want a titanium one that bad. They could have used stainless steel and it probably would have been just as heavy:shrug:

I do! But Tom only makes titanium ones twice a year, and on top of that the Contour knobs would be an extra special order :blackeye: Just waiting to hear from Tom when he does the next batch :laugh:

Until then I guess I'll just have to live with either my polished Voodoo or pearl Voodoo :cool:

glad everyone is enjoying these! I never have a problem with mine sitting in the sun but who knows:shrug: I do have extra spun knobs here for anyone reading this that missed out!

I picked mine up from work today on my way home from Florida. I swapped them out at a long stoplight. Very nice. Thanks a lot to you Trey for doing this.

Well I just got back from the dyno, and I'm happy to say the voodoo knob was good for an additional 2 hp. I was hoping for 5, but can live with 2. I also want to be clear that there were no changes to the torque curve. So anyone who was expecting improved low end is going to be very disappointed... Although there is noticeable improvement to throttle response.

I'll post up the dyno plots tonight when I get home.

Well I just got back from the dyno, and I'm happy to say the voodoo knob was good for an additional 2 hp. I was hoping for 5, but can live with 2. I also want to be clear that there were no changes to the torque curve. So anyone who was expecting improved low end is going to be very disappointed... Although there is noticeable improvement to throttle response.

I'll post up the dyno plots tonight when I get home.
:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back