• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

headlight?

marioSVT

askeered of teh gays
should i darken up the headlights ???

http://
101_3101.jpg

let me know what you think

Ya man! Do the "hightower" mod. Contours look so much better with those lights rather than the plain factory.

idk what color, black or tropic green, since the car is tropic green, idk if it will stand out nice, or not..

someone with an tropic green if you have pics please post,

thanks

yeah, thats what i will end up doing, for the blinkers are u going to do black everything, even the reflector part?

I did mine ALL black. They look good. The "hightowers" that have the blinker still crome look better in my own opinion. It's really hard to do tho, so I just settled with ALL black. I used BLUE tape to mask it off and I took it off and the crome came off too. Thats why.

yeah that sucks, but idk what i will do , i think i will end up going to a junkyard and getting a pair from a contour, and do them and see if i like the outcome, if so then i will just replace them with my stock ones. and if i get tired of dark lights i can put my stock ones back on.

When I first did mine I was scared to death I was going to mess them up. Fortunetly, I followed the step-by-step instructions on the forum and they came out very nicely. The MOST IMPORTANT thing to do after you get them painted and ready to put back together....seal those suckers good. Theres nothing like getting them all done and they look gorgeous and then moisture gets inside. Just some advice.

anybody have any advice on how to get them back apart several months later after you have sealed them with black RTV? my lenses have something on the inside and its not condensation.

I used black RTV and when it dried it turned to a rubber material. If it were me, I would re-bake them (but not as long). Then start prying with a flat head screw driver. Thats my advice. They all foggy inside?

yeah. its weird, when i first assembled them they were perfectly clear. shortly after they "fogged" up on the insides. I figured it was condensation so i pulled them and let them sit for several days, took a hair dryer to them even, and nothing changed. I may end up just having to live with it until i can afford new lights.

Try 2 tone maybe, like green, and gunmetal.. use the gunmetal to seperate the bulbs.

I just did it on mine and am VERY happy with it - T-red and white

Check out the post in the pics and vids forum for 'new hightowers'

yeah. its weird, when i first assembled them they were perfectly clear. shortly after they "fogged" up on the insides. I figured it was condensation so i pulled them and let them sit for several days, took a hair dryer to them even, and nothing changed. I may end up just having to live with it until i can afford new lights.

Fumes from paint and adhesives will do that. Simple newbie headlight mistake that I'm surprised more ceg'ers don't make.

Fumes from paint and adhesives will do that. Simple newbie headlight mistake that I'm surprised more ceg'ers don't make.
well its not from the paint as the inner pieces i used had been painted sometime before i got and installed them.

so if its from the adhesive, how does one prevent that from happening and how can i fix it?

YES sirr that helps alot, love the look on the T green, and bty i see that u have a DASH WARP... sucks i know i had one to untill i got it fixed..

I had some of the chrom come off with the tape too, what a pita. I'd try rubber cement to mask them off next time. then rub the cement off gently. idk if that would be better, but the tape definately pulls the chrome off.

do new bezels do this too?

also, I too would like to see some hightowers in different colors.

Back