• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest Contour/Cougar

2000ZxT

Hard-core CEG'er
Anybody know what the fastest Duratec powered car has run in the 1/4 mile?

Anybody know what the fastest Duratec powered car has run in the 1/4 mile?

Duretech powered car....hmmm that could be many engines...but i would say that turbo'd nobel 3.0L that ran 12.58's:cool: There could be a faster car :shrug:

ET is all about traction, something FWD/this platform does not excel at.
I have yet to see a dedicated effort for a quick quarter mile, but many guys here have easy 12 sec. power.
-J

.... I was trying to figure out what mods you put into a 3L to build 220 NA whp.

that was untuned? wonder how a tune woulda changed things.....

That's surprising to hear 13.2. I'm sure your car could have beat that(?), you must have never taken your car to the track? Either way that's definitely going to change in a few weeks.

Have you ever driven a 3L Turbo Contour? It's a lot harder than it sounds.

I've never driven a 3L Turbo Contour....but I'm about 90% done building one (100% custom kit) :shrug:

I have a different turbo for the track and am going to put in an anti lag system for it sometime this summer.

I've never driven a 3L Turbo Contour....but I'm about 90% done building one (100% custom kit) :shrug:

Good luck...but dont get your hopes up. There are/have been numerous cars on here making 350+ to the wheels and nobody has gone quicker than 13.2.

Its hard when you spin through 1st, 2nd and most of 3rd.

Last I remember, I haven't revealed anything about my build.

When you have an AR1.32 turbine lag is a problem.

Just because it's FWD doesn't mean it can't be fast. 13's aren't even fast.

Back