• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest Contour/Cougar

Traction makes ET, spin makes MPH. you won't make 12's dude. not without extensive chassis mods to make it go straight well.

3L + Turbo + FWD + Contour = Very Fast

3L + Turbo + FWD + Contour = Not very Quick

Yes the 3L Turbo Contour are very fast once they are moving (i.e Highway), but wheelspin is guaranteed in 1st 2nd and most of the time 3rd gear.

And I'm guessing when you say anti-lag system it means that you have a big turbo? Which if thats the case will cause even more wheelspin.

These cars are just not designed to be really quick in a 1/4 mile.

I lolled.

Would you care to elaborate?

I think I know a little more about 3L Turbo Contours than you do..

epenis.jpg

I tried to delete my account, but couldn't figure it out.

Anyone know how?

I dont really know what he got so upset about? I dont think I said anything terrible?:shrug:

Oh well, have fun trying to get into the 12's

Exactly. It's a car forum and it's a giant waste of my time.

I will laugh about this with the guys at the track this year though.

It's just frustrating to try to argue with people that don't know what they are talking about. But he knows more about '3L Contours' then me. So obviously he knows more about everything.

Exactly. It's a car forum and it's a giant waste of my time.

I will laugh about this with the guys at the track this year though.

It's just frustrating to try to argue with people that don't know what they are talking about. But he knows more about '3L Contours' then me. So obviously he knows more about everything.

Lets see we are talking about 3L Turbo contours, so the fact that my dad has one, and I have driven it numerous times, would be pretty relevant in this conversation. But I obviously dont know what I'm talking about.:rolleyes:

I never said I new more about everything than you, and when I asked why you thought something was funny you just flipped out.

Have fun:cool:

Lets see we are talking about 3L Turbo contours, so the fact that my dad has one, and I have driven it numerous times, would be pretty relevant in this conversation. But I obviously dont know what I'm talking about.:rolleyes:

I never said I new more about everything than you, and when I asked why you thought something was funny you just flipped out.

Have fun:cool:

Not to mention the fact that you yourself have a 2.5 turbo, correct? No, I wouldn't think that you know anything about turbo Contours at all... :)

2000zxt Hold on there Hoss. Nobody is getting into your panties.

Normally when we see posts about the car they are building it never happens. Lots of talk, not much action if you get my drift.

We all hope you can do well, really we do. We love our cars and want everyone to enjoy them. We will want specifics on your car for 2 reasons:
a) so you don't go down the wrong road.
b) if it does work you can list the parts the rest of us have not used.

My Contour Turbo still spun into 4th gear so good luck. I ran the same MPH as a newer Corvette. I can't wait to see your progress.

My other car can hit 200 mph in the quarter, Bhiggs89 ( my son ) has been deep into the 7s also with my car. We know a few things about the sport and how to race. I have an NHRA "Wally" to prove it.

wally.jpg

In true CEG fashion, everybody talks the talk, but never walks the walk.

Everybody says how they will run a xx second quartermile time, just wait, we wait and we wait...

I don't wish any fellow contour enthusiast to be slow, but I just wish they just weren't all talk!

In true CEG fashion, everybody talks the talk, but never walks the walk.

Everybody says how they will run a xx second quartermile time, just wait, we wait and we wait...

I don't wish any fellow contour enthusiast to be slow, but I just wish they just weren't all talk!

Or listened when we say it's tougher than it sounds. People have insisted for years they will beat those times with no problem and never come close.

It always sounds simple. More power, more traction. Increasing either almost always destroys a tranny, diff, or axles when tried out at the track.

2000ZxT, hopefully the custom axles you plan on using are better than what CEG has used in the past. IIRC, the DSS axles proved to be a waste of money. The axle shaft itself was stronger, but the CV joints were not upgraded so the shaft held up but destroyed the CV joint when enough power was thrown at it.

Back