• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest Contour/Cougar

Traction is going to be an issue, but it's not going to keep me above 13...

i hope to go 13.5 or faster this year. though i have no track experience in my contour, i think i have launching it pretty much hammered out. 2 step on my MSD helps alot. consistency :)

13 is fast for the street. But when you go to the strip, it's definitely not fast.

Good Luck.

Just make sure you record your attempt(s) so we can watch. And bring extra axles.

LOL I actually plan on bringing a set of half shafts the first time I hit the track. I need custom axles, they are on the list.

Anyways, yes I will be funny money I break 12's by summers end. I'm well aware I'm not going to get it initially.

3L + Turbo + FWD + Contour = Very Fast

3L + Turbo + FWD + Contour = Not very Quick

Yes the 3L Turbo Contour are very fast once they are moving (i.e Highway), but wheelspin is guaranteed in 1st 2nd and most of the time 3rd gear.

And I'm guessing when you say anti-lag system it means that you have a big turbo? Which if thats the case will cause even more wheelspin.

These cars are just not designed to be really quick in a 1/4 mile.

LOL I actually plan on bringing a set of half shafts the first time I hit the track. I need custom axles, they are on the list.

Anyways, yes I will be money I break 12's by summers end. I'm well aware I'm not going to get it initially.

hey mods! is it against the rules to bet on here?;) if not, i say we all place bets on this. i'll start...
BAD SVT- 50bux he doesnt get into 12s. nuthn personal ZXT;). i just happen to have history on my side.

No hard feelings...I'm used to people telling me I can't do things.

Anyways...I didn't want this to turn into a flame fest. I just wanted to know.

PS: I don't know if the area I'm from is just big on drag racing but 13's are basically average at the track.... any v8 with h/i/e is going to hit that. There are many hondas (4bangers) hitting 12's all day.

No hard feelings...I'm used to people telling me I can't do things.

Anyways...I didn't want this to turn into a flame fest. I just wanted to know.

PS: I don't know if the area I'm from is just big on drag racing but 13's are basically average at the track....you any v8 with h/i/e is going to hit that.

Hey if you can get it into the 12's I'll be the first to give you props.

ET is all about traction, something FWD/this platform does not excel at.
I have yet to see a dedicated effort for a quick quarter mile, but many guys here have easy 12 sec. power.
-J

My 60's are going to suck, but it will be 250% making up for it on the last 1/8 mile.

Its hard to make up that much time in half a track.

Are you serious? Please stop talking. I'm done with this thread. I shouldn't have responded after my first post. This is why I don't go on car forums much.

Thanks beyondloaded for answering my question.

Back