• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

trubendz test pipe question

SICILIANSVT82

Hard-core CEG'er
as most of you know...i have nothing but stock exhaust on my car. i was just cruising the trubendz website and i had a thought. has anyone (who can't go the distance when it comes to exhaust...just yet) installed a testpipe on stock exhaust. doubt it will make a difference but my stock exhaust its rusted to hell...i'm surprised its not leaking. i want to "over time" upgrade my exhaust. its a 98.5 2 bolt exhaust. i have not yet, messed with exhaust at all when it comes to a contour svt. any input would be great.

It'll be louder but probably not too bad. The main cat deadens alot of noise and rasp. get the cat back with the magnaflow muffler and no resonators. It sounds great and when you can afford headers get them next. The test pipe with all that stuff will be unbearable and annoying. I made a home made test pipe its friggin loud.

What about the test pipe with a hi-flo cat? Does that free up the ponies while keeping the noise down?

yes it should but it was always held the main cat was not one of the most restrictive parts of the stock exhaust. the resonator is most likely the most restrictive.

yes it should but it was always held the main cat was not one of the most restrictive parts of the stock exhaust. the resonator is most likely the most restrictive.

Ok - I'm planning on replacing the stock cat (think it is going bad form running stupid rich for 2+ years) and installing a Borla muffler, possibly with a 2.5" exhaust to get some more ponies. Wondering if anyone has run that setup with headers and ypipe...

Ok - I'm planning on replacing the stock cat (think it is going bad form running stupid rich for 2+ years) and installing a Borla muffler, possibly with a 2.5" exhaust to get some more ponies. Wondering if anyone has run that setup with headers and ypipe...

headers, optimized stock y-pipe, turbendz test pipe with high flow cat, and trubendz 2.5" resonated ss borla cat back. its loud but not to loud and it sounds good.

headers, optimized stock y-pipe, turbendz test pipe with high flow cat, and trubendz 2.5" resonated ss borla cat back. its loud but not to loud and it sounds good.

Sweet - I'll be russing MSDS headers, ReaponR y pipe, trubendz test pipe with high flow, possibly the 2.5" exhaust and a borla turbo muffler to replace the resonator into the stock rear mufflers (maybe something else if convinced otherwise)

Sweet - I'll be russing MSDS headers, ReaponR y pipe, trubendz test pipe with high flow, possibly the 2.5" exhaust and a borla turbo muffler to replace the resonator into the stock rear mufflers (maybe something else if convinced otherwise)

yes my trubendz kit has the the borla muffler in the center and magnaflow resonators at the rear. fyi I suggest the resonators. aicougar had a similar setup to me, but with the sho-shop y-pipe, iirc, and no resonators. it was louder then my car and he was a few car lengths behind me. he ended up adding the resonators.

I have clips pre and post turbo on youtube if you want to hear.

also I wouldn't bother with the stock rear mufflers, the inlet is only 2". no need to neck down a 2.5" exhaust to two inch to just keep the stock mufflers imho.

yes my trubendz kit has the the borla muffler in the center and magnaflow resonators at the rear. fyi I suggest the resonators. aicougar had a similar setup to me, but with the sho-shop y-pipe, iirc, and no resonators. it was louder then my car and he was a few car lengths behind me. he ended up adding the resonators.

also I wouldn't bother with the stock rear mufflers, the inlet is only 2". no need to neck down a 2.5" exhaust to two inch to just keep the stock mufflers imho.

Would be great to hear it - I don't want to sound too loud and regret the exhaust mods...

they dont have full systems for us anymore on the site that i found:confused: only test pipes, y pipes, and tubing kits.

I recommend the resonator kit i wish i would have did that i have the 2.5 magnaflow kit and i think its too loud. But its not bad once you get up to speed, during accelerating say from a light or a stop its alittle loud.

I recommend the resonator kit i wish i would have did that i have the 2.5 magnaflow kit and i think its too loud. But its not bad once you get up to speed, during accelerating say from a light or a stop its alittle loud.

well I heard a SVT with stock pre-cats and main cat and the none resonated borla sounded good. however I opted for the resonators since I had headers and then ended up with the high flow cat.

If you do it correctly you wouldn't neck down you would y out from a 2.5" to a two 2" pipes would should be fine. Two 2" pipes is more volume than one 2.5".

Perfect - exactly what I was after...

Kyle you've heard my car and that's pretty much what I'm running....

WeaponR ss headers, WeaponR ss y-pipe, Trubendz ss test pipe, Borla ss cat-back

not very loud, but loud enough and sounds very nice when you get on it.

Back