• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally done!

At 16 years old, the money you make on a first job doesn't pay for much. You always want to think that, but that's not the reality.
You kidding? Those were the days! You can easily rake in tons of money while living at home, not having to pay for food or anything :cool:

You kidding? Those were the days! You can easily rake in tons of money while living at home, not having to pay for food or anything :cool:

At 16, I guess I was the only one that was taught to save and cover your own expenses. :shrug:

I payed for my drivers ed, first car (Mustang 5.0), registration, insurance, gas, vehicle maintenance, cell phone, going out on the weekends, extra clothes, etc.

my parents bought me my first car, my svt. $4K cash they paid to the rotting #9 SVT that was sitting in the sun for a year for sale:D

Ever since then I paid for everything, mods, fixes, gas, insurance and all that fun stuff. Im pretty much sorta on my own cause anything i need, I buy it and if I cant afford it, well then I dont buy it (learned a BIG lesson with that and cc :blackeye: ) I dont ask my parents for any money, they offered to pay for some of my debt since they see me worried about it and stressed cause of school and work, but I shut them down and say that its my mess and i will get myself out of it..But yes it does help alot to live at home, although i never have any money for myself..it all goes to bills, insurance and gas..

Im hoping for better times, also sadly ive come to the realization that my car is really taking up a lot of me and and im growing tired of it. Hopefully new job = new car...veeery soon :)

At 16, I guess I was the only one that was taught to save and cover your own expenses. :shrug:

I payed for my drivers ed, first car (Mustang 5.0), registration, insurance, gas, vehicle maintenance, cell phone, going out on the weekends, extra clothes, etc.

im am the exact same way...im trying to prove it can be done at 16... n how u have to work hard to be succesfull...i work 50 hours a week, go to highschool with a 3.0gpa and am on the varsity cross country and track teams and still manga to do everything. i even make and buy my own food.

im am the exact same way...im trying to prove it can be done at 16... n how u have to work hard to be succesfull...i work 50 hours a week, go to highschool with a 3.0gpa and am on the varsity cross country and track teams and still manga to do everything. i even make and buy my own food.

its legal to be 16 and work 50 hours a week and be in school?

its legal to be 16 and work 50 hours a week and be in school?

He must work 10 hours every Saturday and 10 hours every Sunday... then work from 5pm to 11pm every weekday after school and after varsity cross country and track to get that 50 hours. Then go home and do homework to maintain that 3.0 gpa! Sounds like the dream life to me! :)

He must work 10 hours every Saturday and 10 hours every Sunday... then work from 5pm to 11pm every weekday after school and after varsity cross country and track to get that 50 hours. Then go home and do homework to maintain that 3.0 gpa! Sounds like the dream life to me! :)

haha yeahh...you got my schudle down perfectly lol..but im gonna admit it, it wears you down sometimes..but you just gotta keep goin and achive your goals to be succesful.

this really doesn't seem legal? i know in VA anyone under 18 and still in hischool cant work past like 9-10 on school nights or something like that. 50 hours of work, school, and sports...hm weird that's a lot to do. i'm 20 with a full time job (40-50 hrs/week) with a wife and kid while going to school full time, that **** is difficult. whatever gets you by i guess.

its illegal here in NY. but when i was 16, i used to work 40+ hours a week plus school. did it all for my car :)

yea, and for repairs that will hit you as well :blackeye:

quote they already have : ( ...ive sunk lots of money into fixing it up and its just now that im starting to get money for the good stuff like wheels etc... I had to do a complete overhall because the original owner beat it to death. im gonna post before and after pics soon.

Back